Varian Medical Systems Inc. is the world’s largest manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy and brachytherapy. Varian is also a premier supplier of X-ray tubes for medical, scientific and industrial imaging applications and employs more than 6,700 people around the world.
- Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publication
- Conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation.
- Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users. May document engineering processes and specifications
- Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements
- Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards
- Coordinates work and deliverables with Project management
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent experience) and 4 years of related experience or Master Degree with 3 years of related experience
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal. Mother tongue a clear advantage
- Experience in authoring quality documentation in English for international audiences
- Knowledge of authoring, localization and globalization best practices
- Knowledge of DITA content management systems and concepts, familiarity with multimedia and technical documentation formats
- Experience or great interest in working in the medical domain
- Good communication and teamwork skills, experience in working within local and remote global teams
- Travel: approx. 10%
You are communicative, analytical and very reliable. You can express your ideas and research in written form. You know how to approach complex tasks and analyze them. Moreover, you are highly self-motivated, always looking for ways to further your knowledge and better your performance. You are used to working independently, yet open to discussing ideas and solutions with your colleagues.