Senior Payroll Specialist
About Idorsia Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Idorsia Ltd is reaching out for more - We have more ideas, we see more opportunities and we want to help more patients.
In order to achieve this, we will develop Idorsia into one of Europes leading biopharmaceutical companies, with a strong scientific core.
Headquartered in Switzerland - a European biotech hub - Idorsia is specialized in the discovery and development of small molecules, to transform the horizon of therapeutic options. Idorsia has a broad portfolio of innovative drugs in the pipeline, an experienced team, a fully-functional research center, and a strong balance sheet the ideal constellation to bringing R&D efforts to business success.
Idorsia was listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ticker symbol: IDIA) in June 2017 and has over 800 highly qualified specialists dedicated to realizing our ambitious targets.
Main purpose of the position
Responsible for the full administration of payroll in Switzerland, ensuring employee salaries, bonuses, deductions etc are accurately and timely recorded and processed, as well as accurate and timely reporting with Finance on the relevant accruals and other obligations.
- Administer the Payroll (data collection, data changes, entering new employees data, checking payroll data)
- Run monthly payroll and processes all the necessary work related to the monthly payroll
- Processing of salary continuation cases (Illness, Accident, Maternity Leave, etc.)
- Handle child and education allowances
- Handle monthly accounts reconciliation with Finance including accruals
- Responsible for proper withholding tax declarations with the different cantons
- Act as an interface to public authorities (e.g. Tax offices, social insurances)
- Board of Directors Payroll Administration and Processing
- Interface to Pension Fund (Swiss Life)
- Point of contact for HR Business Partners in regard to salary questions
- Year-end tasks like tax certificate and attachments/supplements, year-end declarations to authorities
- Preparation of internal audits
- Supporting project teams
Internal Control Framework (ICFR)
- Ensure compliance with and implementation of Idorsia and applicable regulatory guidelines and control standards
- Interaction with all internal stakeholders (Other HR functions, Finance, affiliates for expats) to ensure appropriate execution of all processes and timely submission of data, reports or other documentation
- Understand, acknowledge and adhere to company policies and operating procedures that are formalized and communicated
- Ownership of assigned internal controls and ensure quality of documentation evidencing controls are performed
- Ensure to follow defined process and approval flows
- Actively propose process and system improvements
- Support in audit preparations and assist during audits
- Support the implementation of remediation actions for identified internal and external audit findings on a timely basis
- University or Business school (Bachelor degree); a further education in Human Resources Management
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Payroll Management, Finance & Bookkeeping background would be an asset
- In depth knowledge of the Swiss Social Insurance System
- Strong knowledge of the Swiss Tax Regulations
- Strong knowledge of the Swiss Labour Law
- Computer and software advanced user, SAP payroll experience is an advantage
- Strong communication- and interpersonal collaboration skills
- Proactive, results- and customer-oriented mindset
- Ability to effectively deliver results with high quality in a fast-paced multicultural environment
- Fluency in German & English
What Idorsia offers
- Exciting opportunities for development and professional growth within our dynamic organization
- A collaborative and solution-oriented environment where you can make a difference
- An innovative and open culture in a truly multicultural environment
- A competitive salary and generous social benefits
Work Location: Allschwil
Business Area: Human Resources
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 2451
If you are interested, please click on apply now.
Please be informed that if you are selected for this position, your employment will be subject to a pre-employment background screening process, of which you will be informed in greater detail in due course.
Idorsia operates a strictly controlled list of preferred recruitment partners. For those partners who have no valid, signed Master Service Agreement in place with Idorsia, please note that all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or any other candidate details submitted through our website or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals (including any of its subsidiaries, affiliates or related companies) are considered the property of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals and are not subject to payment of any form of introduction, placement or referral fees.