Rothschild & Co
Rothschild & Co is one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups. We offer a distinct perspective that makes a meaningful difference to our clients’ business and wealth.
With a team of 3,800 talented financial services specialists on the ground in 40 countries across the world, we provide independent advice on M&A, strategy and financing, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments. As a family-controlled business that has been at the centre of the world’s financial markets for over 200 years, we can rely on an unrivalled network of specialists and are known for our track-record of outstanding execution in financial services.
Rothschild & Co Wealth Management
For over 200 years, Rothschild & Co’s freedom to offer objective advice and our commitment to personal service have combined to shape and grow our private clients’ wealth, building value for generations. Our dynamic growth and ambitious targets in relation to quality, innovation and reliability have created a need for the above mentioned role.
Investment and Portfolio Adviser
Overview of Role
This is a full-time position in the Investment & Portfolio Advisory team of the Wealth Management division, based in either Zurich or Geneva, with a degree of flexibility regarding home / work arrangements.
Our Investment & Portfolio Advisory services are designed for investors who wants to retain control of investment decisions with the support of dedicated investment specialists, in a multi-asset class context. From thematic investments and sector reviews to single line equities and bonds, the team provides regular investment advice in-line with our top-down investment strategy.
We are looking for an investment professional with sound IT and programming skills who has spent two to three years in an Investment Advisory, Portfolio Management, Research, Economics or similar capacity, and is looking to continue to advance her/his career. The successful candidate will join a dynamic, international team in a reputable organization and will be responsible for servicing Investment and Portfolio Advisers as well as Client Advisers in operational and administrative aspects.
Our culture is inclusive and collegiate, by which we mean that we foster a sense of teamwork, respect and partnership in everything we do. We support various personal development initiatives through our internal networks and also membership of external networking organisations and forums to connect our professionals and promote inclusivity across the firm.
- Ownership of Advisory tools (e.g. daily updates, maintaining databases, Bloomberg linked Excel-based tools with VBA elements, PowerPoints etc.) with mandate to simplify, improve and develop further
- Support Investment and Portfolio Advisers in all aspects related to daily activities (e.g. preparation of portfolio proposals and reviews, presentation materials, Client pitches, etc.)
- Support Client Advisers (e.g. provide presentation materials, product documentation, etc.)
- Preparation of management reports such as performance overviews or penetration analysis
- Enhancement and maintenance of marketing material (brochures, presentations, pitch books, etc.)
- Preparation of (marketing) materials associated with ad-hoc presentations, such as new Client pitches and review of presentations to existing Clients
- Contribute to idea generation across asset classes (e.g. existing and future investment ideas)
- Active interaction with the specialists in the investment department in shared projects
- Support and actively contribute in investment meetings (Investment Advisory team meetings, meetings with research teams, meetings with Client Advisers)
- Continue to advance her/his career with plan to become an Investment and Portfolio Adviser
Education and Qualifications
- University degree in Banking & Finance or Business Administration is considered an asset
- Good understanding across asset classes and financial instruments is a plus
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Affinity for financial markets, economics and investments
- Two to three years of relevant job experience in Investment Advisory, Portfolio Management, Research Economics or similar position
- Fully computer literate (MS Office)
- Bloomberg knowhow
- Sound programming skills (strong knowhow in VBA, Python is desired)
- Fluent in English. Any other languages (French, German and Spanish) are an asset
- Team player, ethical attitude
- Proactive attitude with the ability to demonstrate initiative, attention to detail and reliability
- High quality standards with business drive and a “can do” attitude
- Capable of working under pressure and efficiently prioritizing tasks
- Outgoing personality with excellent communication skills
If you are curious to learn more about us and have valuable experiences in a similar role, then please submit your CV and Cover Letter through our recruitment tool.