Rothschild & Co
Rothschild & Co is one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups. We offer a distinct perspective that makes a meaningful difference to our clients’ business and wealth.
With a team of 3,800 talented financial services specialists on the ground in 40 countries across the world, we provide independent advice on M&A, strategy and financing, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments. As a family-controlled business that has been at the centre of the world’s financial markets for over 200 years, we can rely on an unrivalled network of specialists and are known for our track-record of outstanding execution in financial services.
Rothschild & Co Wealth Management
For over 200 years, Rothschild & Co’s freedom to offer objective advice and our commitment to personal service have combined to shape and grow our private clients’ wealth, building value for generations. Our dynamic growth and ambitious targets in relation to quality, innovation and reliability have created a need for the above mentioned role.
Securities Operations Specialist
Overview of Role
The Securities Operations Department is responsible for the processing and monitoring of all securities related transactions as well as the life-cycle-management of securities positions and the maintenance of the asset master data. We serve our clients in a highly professional way and we keep our procedures on the most efficient level to provide information and services in a timely manner. Every member of the team strives to optimize the processes continuously to exceed current and future expectations of our clients.
As a Securities Operations Specialist you can handle special cases, contribute to companywide projects and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders in a professional way. You challenge the current procedures of your area of responsibility and you establish “best practices” in the team.
- Capturing and processing of corporate action events
- Processing of income and redemption
- Mandatory and optional dividend processing
- Process Proxy Voting and attendance to general meetings
- Executes processing and booking of Stock-Exchange transactions for the Swiss and UK businesses
- Trade confirmation matching via Swift, Omgeo/CTM or paper-based matching
- Chasing counterparties on late and failed settlement
- Settlement of trade transactions within the Avaloq system
- Securities transfers free of payment
- Asset static data management and asset pricing
Education and Qualifications
- Commercial degree, apprenticeship or similar
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- 2-3 years of experience in processing and booking of trades in all financial instruments in all markets, awareness of tax issues on stock exchange transactions
- 2-3 years of experience in settlement of trades in all financial instruments is a strong benefit
- Practical knowledge of Avaloq banking platform is a must
- Ability to communicate clearly to internal and external counterparties
- Strong team player with a can-do attitude
- Swift, reliable and exact working style
- Very good command of English and German (written and spoken), French is beneficial
If you are curious to learn more about us and have valuable experiences in a similar role, then please submit your CV and Cover Letter through our recruitment tool.