Rothschild & Co
Rothschild & Co is one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups. We offer a distinct perspective that makes a meaningful difference to our clients’ business and wealth.
With a team of 3,800 talented financial services specialists on the ground in 40 countries across the world, we provide independent advice on M&A, strategy and financing, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments. As a family-controlled business that has been at the centre of the world’s financial markets for over 200 years, we can rely on an unrivalled network of specialists and are known for our track-record of outstanding execution in financial services.
Rothschild & Co Wealth Management
For over 200 years, Rothschild & Co’s freedom to offer objective advice and our commitment to personal service have combined to shape and grow our private clients’ wealth, building value for generations. Our dynamic growth and ambitious targets in relation to quality, innovation and reliability have created a need for the above mentioned role.
Business Risk & Compliance Manager (80% - 100%)
Overview of Role
As part of the Business Management team, your primary responsibility is to manage the bank’s first line of defence activities within the front office. You drive the development, evolution and execution of a proportionate and risk-based approach while leveraging the opportunities of the fast evolving digital and technical tools and solutions available.
- Advise front office leadership on the management of regulatory and operational risks
- Coordinate the front office’s first line of defense (risk and compliance) efforts
- Design, adapt and implement relevant framework, processes and policies
- Train and educate staff members appropriately
- Execute monitoring activities, including reporting
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to incidents, audit issues or compliance violations
- Manage / contribute to relevant projects
Education and Qualifications
- A university degree or comparable education, preferably a master’s degree, in business administration or legal discipline
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- 2 - 5 years of work experience in banking or financial services consulting, preferably in the area of regulatory, risk, business management or audit
- Solid understanding of the wealth management industry and related business activities
- Familiarity with relevant financial services regulations
- Strong MS Office skills
- Problem-solving mind-set combined with strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Self-driven, organized and collaborative personality
- Strong communication skills in English and German, any other language a plus
If you are curious to learn more about us and have valuable experiences in a similar role, then please submit your CV and Cover Letter through our recruitment tool.