Christian Solidarity International (CSI) is a non-profit, interconfessional Christian human rights organisation with headquarters in the canton of Zurich. It supports victims of religiously motivated violence and discrimination worldwide, providing them with humanitarian aid, political work and information dissemination.
To support our international team in Binz we are looking for an expericenced
Head of International Communications (80–100 %)
In this role you are responsible for orchestrating, crafting and disseminating CSI’s messages beyond the borders of Switzerland to help achieve our humanitarian and advocacy objectives.
- Development of an integrated international communications strategy (media plan) and campaigns in the spheres of human rights and humanitarian aid projects
- Production and further development of CSI's English-language communication products: international websites, print and online publications (including magazine, annual report, social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube) with a focus on advocacy work
- Media monitoring and coordination of international, especially English, French and Arabic media contacts
- Managing the team of 2-3 staff members
- Support and deputize the Chairman of CSI’s International Management in running the international secretariat in Binz
- Leading the task force responsible for the transfer of the historically valuable documents of the CSI Archives to the ETH Archives of Contemporary History
- Higher education (University / University of applied sciences) with an intimate academic knowledge of the culture and history in the Middle East and Africa
- Experience in human rights and humanitarian field work, especially in areas where Christians and other vulnerable religious minorities face an existential threat
- Proven track record in journalistic writing in English
- Extensive knowledge and experience of governmental relation in Washington D.C.
- Excellent English, with functional French and Arabic, German is a plus
- Secure and confident demeanor, enthusiastic team player and strong cultural adaptability
- High level of understanding of the dynamics of religious persecution around the world, and a strong identification with the Christian faith and the Christian values of CSI, in particular its interconfessional character
- Exceptional knowledge of the Bible and the Biblical tradition of social justice. Potential for leading the spiritual and other aspects of the development of CSI
- Willingness to travel to crisis regions (esp. Middle East, Africa)
We offer you an exciting, meaningful job, opportunities for further training and flexible working hours. We are located in Binz near Maur (ZH), partial working from remote is possible.
For further information, please contact Dr. John Eibner, International President of CSI and CEO of CSI-Switzerland foundation by e-mail, email@example.com. Please send your full application including CV and motivation letter in english to firstname.lastname@example.org.