Product Manager Investment Solution – Digital Banking
Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
Who we are
As a member of Avaloq’s global product management team, you will be part of a talented and highly-motivated group who is ready to make a serious impact for our clients and to the industry.
We need your experience, optimism, and energy to define, design, and build our next generation of products and services that will reset the bar to democratize the wealth management industry.
Our inspiration and collaboration depend on the diversity of our teams, and inclusion of all voices in our processes. Honesty, transparency, and positive leadership are valued; growth mindset and continual improvement rewarded. Real change requires hard work. We work hard and want you to be proud of the impact we are making.
You will be responsible for the Investment solution of Avaloq digital banking products. This is a unique position for a product manager, as you are to design solutions that impact not a bank but a large number of banks globally. The end user base goes from private, corporate to retail. If you are looking to have a significant impact in the market, and develop new market standard, this is a job is for you.
You own the success of your products and will partner with our Product Owners, UX designer, Sales team, Marketing, Partner management, Strategy Innovation team, Product manager from other product line and Clients in delivering the product solutions.
You will act as the Subject Matter Expect across the organization to influence and deliver a vision and a roadmap and actively contribute to a culture of high performance and collaborative leadership.
Develop the product strategy:
- Observe and assess market and technology trends and refine the product and service strategy where needed
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience and needs in the digital investing space and translate them into customer journeys and feasible technical solutions
- Identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Manage a matrix of stakeholders to leverage expertise and design effective solution
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, sales team and other product management team members
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding internally and externally
What you need
The right candidate should have experience in Finance service or product management with some experience/exposure to ESG, portfolio analytics, risk and performance analysis. They need to understand financial institutions and the investment process. Experience within a front office investment environment is helpful, with a strong track record of delivering commercial results would be beneficial.
- Proven work experience in product management with excellent track record of developing successful products throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies with experience in conducting market research and define market penetration strategy or market positioning
- Excellent knowledge of financial instruments, portfolio management and asset allocation
- Passion and interest for innovative investment management solutions
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done and always looking for opportunity to improve processes
- Effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Dedicated and highly motivated personality with a can-do-attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You will get extra points for the following
- Experience in financial services, preferably in wealth management, private banking and/or digital transformation & platform re-building initiatives
- Active practitioner of Design Thinking methodologies and UI/UX/CX concepts
- CFA, CAIA or equivalent designation
Now lets talk about perks and compensation
We offer competitive base salaries and if you prove to be a superstar, you might be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
Don’t be shy – apply!