The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 92.6 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2019. It is present in 187 countries around the world, has 403 factories and its 291'000 employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com
R&D Associate Specialist in Vitro digestion
Location: Nestlé Research, Lausanne, Switzerland
Company: Société des Produits Nestlé S.A.
Act. Rate: Full-Time Act. Rate 100%
Type of contract: 2-year contract
PhD in the field of gastrointestinal/ digestive physiology, with deep experience of in vitro models
Genuine opportunities for career and personal development
Dynamic international working environment
Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland, employs approximately 1000 people and is comprised of five Nestlé Institutes: Material Sciences; Health Sciences, Food Safety & Analytical Sciences, Packaging Sciences and Agriculture Sciences. Please have a tour of our facilities using this link or read more about Nestlé Research at our website.
Please follow us on Nestlé R&D on LinkedIn.
Hosted in the Department of Gastrointestinal Health, one of the six research departments in the Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences, your role will be to model in vitro digestion to contribute to the development of foods to improve health.
We offer a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different companies, functions, and regions. Don't miss the opportunity to join us and work with different teams in an agile and diverse context.
- Propose, define, and deliver activities within projects modelling digestion to produce high quality science relevant to business needs
- Collaborate and communicate with internal partners, both scientific and commercial, to build inter-disciplinary projects aligned with business priorities
- Connect and collaborate externally to gather knowledge about latest methods, trends, insights, and developments around in vitro digestion
- Drive technical and scientific innovation in Digestive Physiology and Gut Health in order to improve methods and models to evaluate digestion & absorption of nutrients (proteins, lipids and beyond)
- Take coaching and mentor responsibilities, including PhD, master students, scientists, and technicians, on the relevant topics of experimental method and analysis
- PhD in the field of gastrointestinal/ digestive physiology, with deep experience of in vitro models mimicking the upper gastrointestinal tract
- Strong evidence of practical experience with the above-mentioned models and related analytical methods (at least 2 years)
- Able to organize and prioritize work autonomously, in line with senior scientist guidance
- Thorough and diligent approach to work with high levels of self-motivation
- Curious, creative, flexible and enthusiastic
- Good communication skills, including listening and the ability to work in a team
- Potential to build influencing skills in order to work effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills in English