Senior Android Developer (f/m/x)
Today, Ricardo is the largest online marketplace in Switzerland with over 2.3 million listed items and more than 4 million users. For more than 20 years, we have been helping our users to find a new home for their idle objects. We provide a real alternative to new. We are determined to drive the change of consumption to be more sustainable and meaningful.
You will be part of Ricardo Engineering, a remote-friendly department of 50 engineers located in three countries (Zug - Switzerland, Belgrade - Serbia, Sophia-Antipolis - France).
Based in Sophia Antipolis, Ricardo France is a subsidiary of Ricardo AG, headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.To expand our Mobile skills, we are currently looking for a smart, talented, and dedicated Senior Android Developer
?Role & Responsibilities:
What Will you do:
- Build app experience which is uniquely enabling customers to stay responsive when they are on the go to win an auction or to communicate with other customers
- Provide a clean, simple, easy to use, addictive and fun customer experience
- Build efficient and maintainable Ricardo Android app
- Translate high-level ideas and requirements into practical solutions
- Monitor and solve issues proactively
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers and other Software Engineers in an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- Making a positive impact on our engineering culture, encouraging knowledge sharing and driving technical discussions within the team
? If you want to be part of it, you must:
- 5+ years of industry experience building mobile apps for Android (Kotlin)
- Loves to write clean, reusable code and has a passion for mobile development
- Experience working with CI/CD tools and test frameworks on Android
- Familiarity with clean architecture, SOLID, MVVM or MVP derived design patterns
- Experience with Coroutines/Rx
- Experience with common Android networking libraries (Retrofit, OKHttp)
- Experience with Koin/Dagger or other dependency injection frameworks
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Particularly care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code
- Able to collaborate closely with product management with attention to shaping a great customer experience
- Love working in an environment where you constantly experiment and iterate
- Passionate about teaching and empowering your colleagues and stakeholders
- Have a decent level of English.
? If you are the rare bird we're looking for, you also:
- Experience working and designing REST-APIs
- Multiple customer facing applications published in the Google Play Store
- Experience using Jetpack (Lifecycle, Material Design Components, Navigation, Compose)
- Experience with Gradle (tasks, projects) and multi module applications
- Experience performance profiling with instruments in Android
- Experience with iOS development and Swift
- Strong engineering culture, empowerment and trust
- Career tracks that can match with employees expectations (Senior, Principal, Manager…) We want you to progress on your professional journey at Ricardo
- Competitive salary and a variety of fringe benefits
- Training and conference budget aiming to grow both your soft and hard skills
- Regularly pitch personal engineering projects and implement them
- Great equipment - Macbook Pro or equivalent laptop of your choice
- We value work-life balance and have flexible working hours and a home office policy (a minimum of 2 days in the office is requested)
- A modern and cozy working place with a positive and friendly atmosphere
- 12 recovery days in addition to the 25 holidays
- Lunch ticket
- Opportunity to travel regularly to our office in Zug
Please send a cover letter and CV in English.
SMG Swiss Marketplace Group AG came together following the merger of Scout24 Switzerland and TX Markets in 2021. A union which included some of Switzerland’s most well-known leading marketplaces.
Our exciting portfolio currently spans four business areas and includes Real Estate (immoscout24.ch, homegate.ch, ImmoStreet.ch, home.ch, Acheter-Louer.ch), Automotive (autoscout24.ch, motoscout24.ch, CarForYou), General Marketplaces (anibis.ch, tutti.ch, Ricardo.ch) and Finance and Insurance (financescout24.ch).