- 80 - 100%
Your field of responsibility
You are a skilled DevOps engineer ideally with Azure experience? You have a broad background in integration and deployment processes and the tooling required to automate it? You prefer an impactful work with great flexibility over sitting at your desk just “to be present”?
We should talk!
We are FIDES – a Zurich based Fintech with customers all around the world making peoples life a lot easier through technology. Our core product is a SaaS solution that processes financial messages between our clients and their banks. Your knowledge in DevOps and how to engineer the path from code to a deployed application are the basics to get the job done. And you will automate this work as you go and ensure the way is transparent, documented and fulfills requirements from a security perspective.
DevOps Engineer (80-100%)
Your future colleagues
FIDES is a Fintech and centralizes as well as simplifies multi-bank connectivity and transaction communications – globally. We provide our customers a user-friendly Software-as-a-Service to access all their bank different accounts globally. With connectivity to more than 10,000 banks across 170+ countries, FIDES enables communication via any format with the larg-est banking network in the world. FIDES is based in Zurich, Switzerland and is looking forward to welcome a new member to its highly skilled and motivated team. We are able to offer flexible work conditions in regards to time and location.
You will closely engage with developers, cloud and network engineers as well as with colleagues from different disciplines in our key cloud and backend engineering project. You will be part of a primarily Zurich based but quite international team of IT specialists.
Your skills and experience
- Experience in software integration and deployment
- Microsoft Azure experience
- RedHat Enterprise Linux experience
- Proven track record of building an automated CI/CD approach
- Experienced in using container platforms (RedHat OpenShift, Kubernetes)
- Experience in setting up required tooling (e.g. Jenkins, repositories, secret vaults)
- Knowledgeable in system automation and scripting (e.g. ansible, T-SQL)
- Knowledgeable in security and compliance, e.g. familiar with shift left and continuous testing along development and delivery lifecycle
- Broad technical understanding in IT middleware, networks and security
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving attitude
- Ability to work remote / in a virtual setup with regular office presence
- Ability to work independently and within a collaborative team-oriented environment
- At least Upper-Intermediate level of English
- Ability to communicate clearly, stand up for own ideas and engage in a technical discussion to find the best solution approach
- Industry know how in banking (financial messaging)
- Knowledge of Git workflows
About the Job
- Work as DevOps Engineer closely with developers, testers, release managers and operations colleagues – ususally in an agile / scrum setup
- Engineer the path from code to a deployed application
- Automate as much of the process as possible
- Advocate for security and compliance across developers and operations teams
- Create documentation and ensure appropriate updates
- Collaborate with test automation colleagues to increase automated testing
- Perform root-cause analysis for errors
- Go-to-person on DevOps topics for Product Owners, Project Managers and IT colleagues