Senior Client Accountant
Stonehage Fleming SA
ABOUT STONEHAGE FLEMING
Now and for Future Generations
Stonehage Fleming is the largest independent international Family Office in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). We act as advisers to many of the world’s leading families and wealth creators - managing and protecting their wealth, often across several geographies and generations.
With nearly 1,000 employees spread across 19 offices in 14 different countries, the firm provides the complete range of family wealth services.
Senior Client Accountant
This position reports to the Head of Client Accounting, Switzerland. This role is based in Neuchâtel and involves close and regular interaction with all members of the Family Office team, the Group Operations teams, Accounting and Investment Administration Team, Directors/Managers of Family Office and various internal/external business contacts.
As Senior Client Accountant you will be preparing financial information and reports under the supervision of the Head of Client Accounting and the Director/Managers of Group Services. You will be assisting with the technical reviewing of reporting from the team and ensuring standards and quality are at the requisite level.
PRINCIPAL ELEMENTS & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Completing the financial recording of transactions within wealth management structures, including companies, trusts and assets held in person
• Ensuring transactions are recorded following the minutes and agreements signed by Trustees/Directors
• The preparation of financial reports including financial statements, investment reporting, management reporting, tax reporting and other financial analyses within strict deadlines
• Ensuring that all accounting ledgers are up to date by reconciling investment, bank and loan accounts
• Arranging payments with straight through processing of accounting treatment as well as the following up on the execution of the transaction
• Reviewing the automated entries on our core bank accounts and ensuring the accounting is correct and also clearing any rejected entries on a weekly basis.
• To assist head of department with organisation of team tasks
• To assist in the setting up of internal processes, standards and workflows
• Work with the accountants in the team to ensure that the internal processes and standards are followed
• To assist in setting up appropriate training
• Work closely with other units within the Family Office Division to improve and automate processes wherever possible
• To assist in the implementation and acceptance of new reporting tools
To Assist with team management where functions include:
• Monitoring of task boxes
• Monitoring of Workflow and Activities
• Team performance and appraisal reviews
• Day to day training and technical queries
• Dealing with relationship managers queries & timelines
• Take part in new / ongoing projects
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• HEG / University degree / qualified CAT, ACA or ACCA
• 5 years’ experience in financial or wealth management industry an advantage
• Knowledge of vanilla and sophisticated financial products / investments
• Knowledge and understanding of multi-currency accounting
• Knowledge and understanding of investment and treasury products
• A sharp analytical mind, good numeracy skills and a strong commercial awareness
• Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook and modern financial accounting packages)
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS
• The understanding of wealth management structures including companies, trusts and assets held in person
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage priorities efficiently under pressure
• Strong interpersonal skills, a high level of motivation and flexibility
• Excellent communication skills with the ability and maturity to deal effectively with individuals across all levels
• A strong client care / service orientation
• Deals responsibly with confidential information
• Displays a high level of professional integrity
• Ability to deal with large and complex structures
• Accounting knowledge including IFRS and IFRS for SMEs, FRS 102, investment accounting, asset valuation, understanding and interpreting financial statements
We request interested candidates to please kindly send their CV in English.