Franchise Business Coach
KFC, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, is a global chicken restaurant brand with a rich, decades-long history of success and innovation. It all started with one cook, Colonel Harland Sanders, who created a finger licking’ good recipe more than 75 years ago, a list of secret herbs and spices scratched out on the back of the door to his kitchen. Today we still follow his formula for success, with real cooks breading and freshly preparing our delicious chicken by hand in more than 22,000 restaurants in over 135 countries and territories around the world.
Drive and implement the World Class Operations framework across the franchise system, by building solid relationships with FZs, their ops teams, driving strategic programs to elevate and grow capabilities, and nurturing the YUM culture, whilst leading by example. Be the knowledge holder for all systems, tools & processes that enable franchisees to maximize SSSG and profitability throughout all sales channels, whilst achieving above standard operational performance to enable solid business growth. Authentic leadership, strategic thinking, agile way of working, coaching and rigorous follow up required to develop franchise leaders and build operational capability throughout the BU. To act as the principal liaison between KFC WEBU Ops, KFC Global and its franchise partners, to ensure sales plans are achieved and operating standards are exceeded. To utilize exceptional negotiating and influencing skills, ensure investment and commitment/focus of franchisees are achieved or maintained for each agreed project, product launch and new unit design.
KFC WEBU is one of Yum Restaurant International’s (YRI) newest and leading business units, and is a significant sales and profit contributor. KFC WEBU is a 700+ unit market, 100% franchised restaurants, growing at circa 100 restaurants per annum. The franchise system in WEBU is currently made up of 11 countries and circa 80 franchise group and over €1Billion sales per annum. The FBC will be responsible for nominated franchise business entities and the markets they operate within.
Franchise Business Coach
Franchise Communications (30%)
- Be the 1st point of contact for the franchisee and principal operator about all the operational topics (including people, food safety, brand standards, equipment, product quality and taste, vendor management and support, ops technology related project support and off-premise channels).
- Implement a solid governance program to have a communications framework/routine; consisting of calls/virtual meetings/virtual and in-person restaurants visits, ops and business reviews, with FZs and operators to support and follow up on the BU’s ‘Growth Criteria’ and agreed projects.
- Develop/support/attend all franchise comms meetings to present, facilitate and add clarity to and update on the BU ops performance, strategic agenda and project statuses. Ensure and drive relevant audience attendance, participation and engagement of franchisee operators.
- Provide updates for main stakeholders and LT meetings, facilitate ad-hoc comms updates to ensure cross-functional engagement and delivery.
Project involvement & management (35%)
- Is responsible to build a data driven approach for ops project initiating, development and delivery, ensuring his/her operational knowledge is always updated and refreshed, responsible and accountable for all key areas of the project managemen cycle.
- Through utilizing a data driven approach, complete and agree with franchisees and KFC WEBU stakeholders appropriate action plans, following in-depth KPI analysis from data sources, such as, but not limited to; Restaurant Operations Compliance Checks, Guest Experience Survey feedback, Food Safety performance and escalation, Brand Standards compliance, Balanced Scorecard performance and P&L results, to produce robust roadmaps for improvement and tracking ongoing progress, whilst adopting an agile way of working.
- Carry out requested business case formulation and acceptance criteria analysis for projects, in relation to all agreed priorities to elevate FZ’s GROWTH CRITERIA (RGMs CERTIFIED – GES – ROCC/FSCC) performances. Ensure periodic presentations, reports & ops comms are kept up to date and presented when required.
- Ensure ops support to grow and maintain all on and off-premise sales channel performance (including ‘own delivery’, aggregator, click and collect, drive-thru, dine-in and take-away). Track and implement required action plans with fz operators to ensure ops kpi’s are achieved.
- Drive ops comms and engagement with external partners - including aggregator ops leads, technology vendors, equipment distributors and all other nominated Global Ops partners. Build solid business understanding and relationships to unlock unmatched franchise ops capability.
- Support and keep up to date with relevant cross-functional stakeholders on key strategic projects; act as key partner, gate-keeper and enabler of all ops related deliverables, as agreed with the project leader to ensure key milestones are achieved on-time.
Team & Personal Engagement (10%)
- Leverage the global ops community and entire KFC system to build networking capabilities and collaboration opportunities.
- Ensure RSC lives & breathes operations by leading impactful corporate engagement events, such as, but not limited to; Founder’s week, instore periodic visits, 2 head challenge.
Restaurants visit (25%)
- Combine restaurant visits with franchise operational reviews to provide coaching, identify commercial opportunities and recognize restaurant teams for their contributions.
- Utilize restaurant visits to follow up and validate implementation of agreed systems, tools and processes with franchise operations and HR teams.
- Visit restaurants for the launch, support and communication of key strategic cross-functional projects across the BU, or when required by the LT team for the purpose of franchise business reviews.
- +5 years of QSR Operational Experience and Know How
- Experience in managing franchise partners preferred
- Exceptional negotiating and influencing skills
- Consistently high level of communication skills; both written and verbal
- Analytical mindset, capable of understanding and applying systematic inputs towards improved outputs, plus conceiving step change ideas to bring the Ops Capability Action Plans to life.
- Outstanding action driving ability with agility and improvisation skills