- 80 - 100%
QHSE Engineer (80-100%)
According to the IPCC, limiting global warming to 1.5°C implies reaching net zero emissions in 2050. Next to substantially reducing emissions, this target will only be possible by globally deploying carbon removal (CDR) solutions at the scale of billions of tons of CO2.
Neustark is a leading provider in this rapidly growing field, having developed a solution to permanently store CO2 in recycled mineral waste such as demolished concrete. Founded in 2019 in Switzerland, our first solutions have been deployed in Switzerland and Europe and are already capturing and storing tons of CO2 every week. We are currently scaling up our operations and carbon removal impact globally – on the road to removing one million tons of CO2 in 2030, and beyond that.
We’re a team of around 45 people based in Berne and with a hub in Zurich. Together, we enable permanent CO2 storage for a bright future for all generations on our planet.
Join neustark today to help shape the carbon removal journey!
What your future team does:
In the Engineering team within Operations, we are responsible for designing, developing, and implementing technical solutions to support operational requirements. We work closely with other departments to identify areas for improvement, develop new products or processes, and optimize existing systems. In doing so, we play a critical role in increasing efficiency, ensuring quality, and driving innovation in the organization's operations without missing out on the fun.
What your job could look like:
- Establishment and continuous improvement of the areas of quality, health, safety, and environment in relation to employees, structures, systems, and processes.
- Implementation of a quality management system and the ERP system Microsoft Dynamics (Business Central) for your divisions.
- Preparation and implementation of ISO 9001:2015 / 45001 / 14001 certifications.
- Ensuring training on tools, methods, and standards.
- Initiate and establish analyses and measures to reduce complaints and improve quality costs.
- Plan and implement prevention of occupational risks as well as the creation of safe working conditions.
- Conduct and document internal and external audits as well as assist in supplier development and evaluation.
What’s in it for you:
- We’re building our future! And you can join us on our journey of shaping the rapidly evolving market of carbon removal – for the good of all generations on our planet.
- We’re on a mission together: At neustark, we work closely together, grow together, have fun together, and make an impact together.
- At our fast-growing scale-up, you have an abundance of personal and professional growth opportunities.
- What else can we say… Working at neustark is high-pace, high-excitement, high-impact, and high-fun! Want to put this theory to the test? Apply today!
What we’re looking for:
- A completed basic technical education with further training in quality, health, safety, and environment as well as several years of experience in plant engineering and project business.
- Expertise in QHSE and industrialization as well as process knowledge.
- Good leadership and communication skills to drive initiatives in close collaboration with other departments.
- You think in a networked way and know the interrelationships of QHSE in an international plant engineering company.
- A quick grasp and responsible way of working, you are goal-oriented, accurate, and focused.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central an advantage.
- Fluent in German and English.