Kistler is the global leader in dynamic measurement technology for measuring pressure, force, torque and acceleration.
Managing Director Kistler Slovakia / SW Development
Place of work: Bratislava
Start date: upon agreement
Contract type: Full-time
Are you an inspiring leader with a thirst for innovation? Do you live in Bratislava or are you willing to relocate e.g., as Expat or as local Plus to the capital city of Slovakia?
Kistler is a Swiss high-tech company that is the global leader in dynamic measurement technology. With over 2,000 employees in more than 60 countries, we specialize in developing and providing high-end sensors, electronics, and software, along with a full range of services.
Bratislava, our own thriving hub of software innovation, boasts approximately 120 brilliant minds. Here, we craft the software of tomorrow for IoT devices and cloud-based solutions. Our software is the driving force to help our global customers manufacture higher-quality products, develop cleaner and safer cars, and reduce highway congestion.
Our triumph is forged by an unyielding passion for technology, an unwavering commitment to innovation, and a collaborative workspace that thrives on teamwork. If you're eager to lead our subsidiary in Slovakia and help shape the future with us, we invite you to join our team.
Your Mission in a nutshell
As the Managing Director Kistler Slovakia / SW Development you are responsible for leading and managing the Kistler Slovakia locations (Bratislava & Košice). You support the implementation of essential software product roadmaps in line with the strategies of the Kistler Group and its business units. Alongside your team, you ensure the effective execution of these roadmaps.
Moreover, you provide assistance to the business units and the company-wide TEC platform in developing the software product portfolio and in the enhancement and implementation of processes and procedures. Your role also entails spearheading a cultural transformation to instill a positive and proactive mindset among Kistler employees in Slovakia.
Your typical day
- Define, communicate, lead, and execute a vision for Kistler Slovakia and connected satellite offices.
- Align the location's resources, skills, and methods to match the needs of the corporate strategies.
- Participate in cross-location strategic projects within the Kistler TEC competence software center.
- Match the best internal and external resources and skills to meet development commitments for the Kistler portfolio.
- Act as a General Manager for the location, including legal responsibilities with local authorities.
- Personnel and technical management of the local team.
- Plan PLC projects and allocate related resources.
- Continuous improvement of work processes, ensuring consistent reporting.
- Participate in expert groups and represent Kistler Slovakia to internal and external stakeholders.
- Engage in the daily business activities of various departments, including HR, Marketing, Finance, ICT, and Admin.
- Network and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to prioritize development needs.
- Enhance employee satisfaction and spirit to establish Kistler as a leading employer in Slovakia.
Education and Experience:
- (Technical) university degree in computer science, mathematics, or engineering.
- Several years of management and project leadership experience, ideally in a SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) environment.
- 7+ years of experience in the software industry, preferably in an international environment.
- Experience in managing a software development company or department
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional managerial, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Strong understanding of agile processes in software development and business.
- Solid knowledge of finance, budgeting, and cost control.
- Ability to comprehend complex use cases and simplify them for internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrable solution-oriented entrepreneurial thinking and action.
- Proactive communication and teamwork capabilities.
- Excellent presentation skills and strong soft skills, including public speaking and representing the company.
- Fluent in written and spoken English (Slovak and German language skills are an advantage).
What you can expect from us
The way we work
- Hybrid working model - home office possible
- Regular performance review and career growth possibilities
Health & Well-being
- Electric stand-up desk and ergonomic chair
- 100% salary reimbursement for 10 days of sick leave
- 25 days of vacation for everybody
- Flexible Benefit System - starting from 1000Euros per year in the Benefit Plus portal - platform with thousands of suppliers of your choice, including Kistler specific offerings
- Attractive referral bonus
- Extra contribution in significant life events - weddings and childbirths, rehousing
- Relocation bonus for employees who are moving because of Kistler (over 100 km)
Career & Development
- Budget for education, certificates, trainings - 500 EUR/year
- Online English & German language courses
- Library, Online Educational Portals: Pluralsight, Safari books, LeanPub, Egghead
- Technology "sharing" groups, Coding Days
- Team-buildings, Company breakfast, Christmas Party, Grill Party, Family/Kid's day, Pizza Thursdays etc.
- Football table and board games in the office
- Special offers and discounts (Metro cards, SND, Curaprox etc.)
- Lunch tickets in amount of 6 EUR
- On-site Joga or Pilates classes
- Great coffee, tea, fresh fruit
We look forward to receiving your complete application (CV, reference letters, diplomas/certificates) via our online career tool. Please supplement your documents with a meaningful letter of motivation.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Dirk Heerklotz, Global HR Business Partner, on +41 52 2241 123.
We are only considering direct applications for this position. Applications via E-Mail or LinkedIn cannot be accepted.
The Kistler Group is the world market leader in dynamic measurement technology. Along with the megatrends of emission reduction, quality control, mobility, and vehicle safety, we deliver top performance for a sustainable world. By pushing the boundaries of what is possible together, we enable our customers to innovate, progress and grow, and create ideal conditions for Industry 4.0.