At Swatch, we thrive on surprise. Whether it's with our collections, action sports or artistic collaborations, we don't stay inside the box. We're here to shake things up with our striking designs, which always reflect the zeitgeist but never fail to catch the eye. That's what we do best, and that's what we've done since 1983.
Our team is a collective of passionate people, headquartered in Switzerland and present worldwide. We are visionaries and revolutionaries - unwaveringly true to ourselves and unafraid to do things differently. Together, we are here to make the world a little more colorful and exciting by embracing newness and boldness. You might even say that we're more than just a watch company.
Are you one of us? Join our team.
To reinforce the Design team at Swatch Headquarters in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland, we are currently searching for a:
COLLECTION DESIGNER 100%
The Designer has an eye for the unusual and brings ideas adapted to trends and fashion for our collections and new watch product lines. She or he develops the assigned projects in collaboration with the Product Design Leader and all involved parties in the Product Department.
Typical activities include:
- Design research (culture, design, fashion, emerging trends)
- Understand concept briefs and develop them by finding innovative solutions (shapes, materials, decorations)
- Putting together explanatory presentations on research and development
- Design a collection that includes several different product lines (watches, packaging)
- Prepare a concise description for the preparation of files necessary for industrial production and brief the Technical Designers
- Proven experiences in design, graphic design or fashion design
- Creative with a sense of aesthetics and awareness of evolving trends
- Mastery of typography, color, and shape, illustration and 3D a plus
- Mastery of Adobe illustrator, advanced knowledge of Photoshop and Acrobat,
Rhino a plus
- Knowledge of printing technologies
- Proactive, rigorous, precise, open-minded, able to work in a hurry and quickly move from one project to another according to priorities
We are looking for a highly creative, business driven and flexible team player, able to convey in her/his projects, the spirit of Swatch: joie de vivre, provocation, attention to detail.
Skilled organizer and solution finder, she/he is able to work independently and evolve in a fast-moving, ever-changing environment. The good interpersonal skills allow she/he to negotiate and coordinate successfully with all kinds of stakeholders.
In addition, you possess excellent communications skills and are fluent in English, German and/or French and/or Italian.
Your new employer:
At Swatch we don't do boring. We thrive on innovation and infuse our pioneering and adventurous spirit into everything we do. As such we operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment that values creativity, teamwork and openness. We want our people to feel inspired to bring their best and authentic self to work and actively seek to create an environment that prioritizes diversity, equity and inclusion and where individuals feel heard and appreciated.
We strongly believe that happy and healthy employees are the key to success. That is why we offer attractive benefits including:
Work and holidays:
- Flexible 40 working hours / week
- 25 days of annual leave
Health insurance / Pension fund:
- Contribution to health insurance costs
- First class pension fund
- Extended maternity leave
- Family allowances beyond legal requirements
- Training and development plan
- Paid language courses
- Unique and modern buildings and outdoor facilities
- Convenient location and access via public transport
- Free underground parking and access to bike sharing
- Subsidized on-site canteen and food trucks
- Free coffee and tea
- Product discounts
- Wellness benefits and fitness programs
- Fun workplace events
If you feel this challenging opportunity meets your profile and expectations, please click on the APPLY link to send us your CV in English.
Nicolas G. Hayek Strasse 1
CH - 2502 Biel/Bienne