Our client is a global service provider in supply management. He provides strategic, tactical and operational procurement of goods and services to his global customers throughout their global locations.
In order to continously strengthening the team in Switzerland, we are seeking a personality to join our client as a
Global Category Lead Real Estate & Logistics (100%)
As a global category lead you are responsible for the assigned categories and support the Company vision of being the leading global supply management organization that provides maximum value to clients. You advice clients on a strategic level with regard to market trends, best practice, their demand, spend and supplier portfolio and you support them in achieving sustainable savings by developing and implementing category strategies. You work closely with the local sourcing teams and you oversee, drive, and coordinate all sourcing activities across the regions within the respective categories.
Your main responsibilities:
- Responsible for the categories Real Estate and Logistics and all subcategories such as construction, facility management, furniture, utilities, mail and courier services, logistic services, printing, office supplies and scanning services, etc.
- Analyse spend and supplier portfolio of clients and identify savings opportunities
- Define, communicate, implement and maintain commodity strategies and plans
- Coordinate and prioritize global sourcing initiatives / management of global sourcing portfolio
- Work closely with the local sourcing teams and keep the local sourcing specialists as part of a global virtual team informed of related topics
- Execute and/or support key or complex sourcing initiatives as required
- Maintain market knowledge (trends, developments, etc.) within the respective categories
- Set commodity/sourcing area specific standards according to overall Company standards and industry benchmarks/standards
- Senior point of issue resolution related to the assigned categories
- Actively engage with C-level management and key stakeholders in client's organization and support the Support Client Relationship Management, in close alignment with KAM and Group Executive Board
- Report consolidated category achievements on a regular basis to the Company Executive Board
- Support the sales team with category expertise with regard to new prospective clients as required
- A Bachelor´s or Master´s degree in Business or Supply Management or specific to the categories (e.g. architecture, civil engineering, etc.)
- 5+ years of relevant procurement or category management experience in the respective categories on a global or international level
- Extensive subject matter expertise in the area of Real Estate and Logistics
- Good knowledge of markets trends and key suppliers in key markets (Europe, US, APAC)
- Proven experience in managing and executing local and global sourcing projects as well as setting up and negotiating contracts
- Strategic and analytical thinking and holistic mind-set
- Good people/relationship and change management skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills including the ability to articulate and explain complex ideas in concise and easy-to-understand business terms
- In-depth use and knowledge of MS Office and experience in working with e-sourcing and P2P tools
- Fluent in English and German. Any additional languages is an advantage
- Willingness to travel as required
Did we pique your interest? We would be pleased to receive your full application in english or german to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be happy to answer your first questions. We guarantee a maximum of discretion.
Kohlberg & Partner GmbH
Herr Jürg Kohlberg