Tamedia is the leading private media group in Switzerland. The digital platforms, daily and weekly newspapers and magazines of Tamedia offer overview, classification and selection. The company was founded in 1893 and employs a staff of approximately 3,400 in Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg and Serbia. It has been traded at the Swiss stock exchange since 2000.
Homegate is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Switzerland. We help people to make their best real estate decision and bring commercial real estate agencies, owners and potential tenants and buyers together. We count more than 10 million visits from people who use our portal and have more than 190 million page views per month. We are looking for you as a teammate. You'll help Homegate to grow the business and our engineering-teams to shift our platform to the next level, while driving innovations.
Senior Software Engineer Data Landscape (m/f)
Your primary goal is to develop and maintain Homegate's data platform. The challenge is to bring our data consistently and in real time from a microservice based infrastructure (AWS serverless using lambda, DynamoDB, CloudWatch, etc.) into a central data platform using tools like Kinesis Firehose.
The data volume is medium sized and will be used to support data projects to help bringing Homegates services to users and customers to the next level. This key role within the Platform Data team is ideal for someone with deep knowledge and experience in cloud-based data solutions, and a great sense of service towards data-driven business needs.
- You're one of the owners of our recently founded data platform team
- You model and develop resilient solutions to store, ingest, process and analyze data
- You are curious to understand the "world behind" the data, including business processes, customer behavior, etc.
- You can adopt a consulting and coaching mindset to best support all data stakeholders in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- You constantly apply logical, analytical and critical thinking to Data, with a strong desire to learn about new trends and how to implement them
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, Mathematics, or a similar field
- Strong grasp of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL), fundamentals of mathematics, large data sets, distributed systems and statistical concepts
- Hands on AWS Experience, either on the job or in private projects
- Strong communication skills and a desire to learn business data and processes from people throughout the company
- Full professional proficiency in English, German is a plus
- Familiarity with distributed software systems, Microservice architecture
- Solid understanding of networking and internet plumbing such as TCP, TLS, HTTP
- Self-starter, get it done mentality
- Data Science is a plus
- Experience in working in classifieds field is a plus
- Flexible working hours and Home-office possibilities
- Personal development plan and yearly budget for educational courses, conferences etc.
- Assistance and Support through all aspects of the onboarding process
- On-site canteen with plentiful selection of fresh food and salad
- Discounts in many surrounding shops and partner vendors like HP, Allianz, Sunrise, Shell, ...
- Lots of team activities and regular hackathons
We look forward to your application Denisa Fetahovic