Tamedia is the leading private media group in Switzerland. The digital platforms, daily and weekly newspapers and magazines of Tamedia offer overview, classification and selection. The company was founded in 1893 and employs a staff of approximately 3,400 in Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg and Serbia. It has been traded at the Swiss stock exchange since 2000.
For our Tamedia Solutions & Engineering Department we are looking for an APPLICATION ENGINEER. Our multi tenant Revenue System is the Core Application Cluster in Tamedia's Publishing Sector to increase our Revenue and to satisfy our Customers with state of the Art Features. You'll help us to grow the business and our engineering-teams to shift our platform to the next level, while driving innovations. We say no to Lift & Shift! On our greenfield project, we are crafting entirely new services and bake them with love into Docker containers. We need your help to make them reach production on AWS. Infrastructure as code, security, automation, CI/CD are where you shine and you will share your expertise with the rest of the team. If you enjoy solving problems in a creative way with elegant solutions then you will enjoy working with us as:
AWS DevOps & DevSecOps
The Software Engineering team is looking for an experienced DevOps and Automation Engineer to support multiple apps, microservices and projects. You will be in charge of our continuous integration and delivery pipeline, providing tools and infrastructure for deployment automation. You will work closely with developers to ensure a smooth, reliable, frequent and automated release process.
- Work together with developers to assess and document the AWS cloud-related needs; tailor tools and solutions for those rapidly evolving needs
- Help us craft a long-term vision for our AWS cloud infrastructure and help us migrate to it
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve API and application performance
- Design and build tools for testing, deployment (CI/CD), monitoring and operations.
- Maintain the monitoring, stability, and security of existing tools
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
- Contribute to the design and development of our scalable, reliable, secure, and high-performance cloud services
- Participating and Developing in the overall Landscape and Architecture.
- Ensure that security best-practices are adhered to
- Three years plus in AWS
- Experienced with CloudFormation
- Good understanding of cloud technologies and landscape
- Good understanding of SOA and Microservices; you know their benefits and challenges
- Common with tools such as GiT, Jira, Confluence and CI/CD methods.
- You can write complex scripts in Python, Ruby or even Shell
- Quality oriented, Analytical and Creative thinking
- Strong affinity and settled in technologies like Node.js, Docker/Kubernetes, Swagger is strongly appreciated
- You are not afraid to try new tools and incorporate them to the project if they get the job done
- You would like to learn about the surrounding system landscape (such as Hybris, Paywall, CMS, etc)
- Experience in Agile development methodologies (SCRUM)
- Good English written and spoken
- French or German language would be considered as advantage
- Work in an international team of talented engineers, Modern and cozy working place with positive and friendly atmosphere
- Flexible working hours and Home-office possibilities
- Personal development plan and yearly budget for educational courses, conferences etc.
- Assistance and Support through all aspects of the onboarding process
- Five weeks of holidays with the possibility to take two to four more weeks holidays with a special deal.
- Equipment which suits you best (e.g. MacBook Pro)
- Competitive salary and a variety of fringe benefits like discounts in many surrounding shops and partner vendors
- On-site canteen with plentiful selection of fresh food and salad
We look forward to your application Sena Saletic
Frau Sena Saletic