Tamedia is the leading private media group in Switzerland. The digital platforms, daily and weekly newspapers and magazines of Tamedia offer overview, classification and selection. The company was founded in 1893 and employs a staff of approximately 3,400 in Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg and Serbia. It has been traded at the Swiss stock exchange since 2000.
Homegate is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Switzerland. We help people to make their best real estate decision and bring commercial real estate agencies, owners and potential tenants and buyers together. We count more than 10 million visits from people who use our portal and have more than 190 million page views per month.
Business Analyst (m/f)
We are looking for you as a teammate. You will help Homegate to grow the business and our teams to make data based decisions fast.
Your role within the business acceleration team goes beyond traditional analytical tasks. You will be intensively involved in the provision of data, making key contributions to our stakeholders. You will collaborate with other departments in measuring performance and in finding ways to improve what we offer to our customers. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys finding the underlying cause of things and who is always looking for new ways to bring the idea of a data-driven business to life.
What we need from you
What we need you to bring
- Standard reporting: Creation, adaption of recurring reports and set up automated reports where necessary
- Ad-hoc reporting based on various data
- Ad-hoc analyses to support product decisions, development priorities and business strategy
- Refining of current and defining of new key figures
- Enabling the different departments to take data driven decisions
- Requirement Analysis of our data platform
- Monitor and identify any irregularities in data that may help to identify issues with products or operational processes
- Work with relevant teams to recommend improvements where necessary
- Degree in a quantitative field of study e.g. business administration, computer science, mathematics or statistics
- Ability to work independently taking ownership of key analytical projects
- Ability to formulate business relevant hypotheses and to test those hypotheses using data analysis
- Keenness to acquire new skills and new technologies
- Good communication skills with IT and Business
- Ability to work effectively in a demanding environment with multiple competing and changing priorities
- Experience in business analytics or data engineering: BI tools like SSAS, OLAP Cubes and Power BI, Querying SQL databases, Analyzing data from Google Analytics and web crawlers, Data science using Geo-Coding and R, Python or Scala
- Very good language skills in German and English
- Language skills in French
- Flexible working hours and home office possibilities
- Personal development plan and yearly budget for educational courses, conferences etc.
- Assistance and support through all aspects of the on-boarding process
- On-site canteen with plentiful selection of fresh food and salads
- Discounts in many surrounding shops and partner vendors like HP, Allianz, Sunrise, Shell
- Lots of team activities and regular hackathons
We look forward to your application Denisa Fetahovic