The Avaloq group is an internationally leading fintech company. With its core and digital banking software and its international network of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)centres, Avaloq brings…
Software Architect Payments
The Avaloq group is an internationally leading fintech company. With its core and digital banking software and its international network of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)centres, Avaloq brings trustworthy and efficient banking to the world, delivered through great user experience. Headquartered in Switzerland, Avaloq has branches in the most demanding financial centres worldwide and serves 158 banks and wealth managers and the 270 Swiss cooperative banks. Avaloq’s growing ecosystem comprises among others over 2’000 employees from 66 nationalities and more than 500 third-party developers that co-innovate with Avaloq.
More information on www.avaloq.com
Would you like to actively design the advancement of Avaloq and work in a modern and successful company? We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Software Architect who ideally has knowledge of the payment business and can drive us shaping technical solutions based on modern software architectures for new functionalities in this domain.As a Software Architect, you are responsible for the technical design of the solutions in this area and act as a technical lead for the software engineers. You elaborate new technical designs or review the ones from other software engineers. You try out new technologies or patterns and participate in the development of new solutions. You work independently with great autonomy and deliver results in agile projects together with different teams. You help your internal and external customers succeed by solving their real-world problems. You strive for perfection but remain pragmatic.
- You write or review and are responsible for technical design of all solutions build within the payment division.
- You liaise with responsible system architects and represent the payment division within the architecture board.
- You make sure that technical designs adhere to requirements coming from system architects, product owners and UX specialists.
- You initiate and drive the migration towards a microservice based architecture for both existing and new functionality.
- You write code and review code from other software engineers.
- You document architectures, educate and coach other architects and software engineers.
- You communicate proactively with customers, partners, prospects, and all roles within Avaloq.
- BSc, MSc or PhD in software engineering or related area.
- You love developing simple and elegant solutions to complex problems. You want to build things and are an engineer at heart.
- You are a team player and good communicator.
- You want to learn something new and teach something to someone else every day.
- You are used to working under pressure equipped with excellent presentation skills and commercial acumen, you have an appetite for complex bank-specific problems.
- You have a can-do and solution-oriented attitude.
- You have an autonomous approach to working.
- You have strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Proven track record of designing complex architectures for medium to large size IT organizations.
- 5+ years of professional hands-on experience with end-to-end design and development of Web applications.
- Knowledge of relational database with strong background on SQL and/or PL-SQL is required.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, German is a plus.
- Experience in the banking industry, ideally in the payment area, is desirable.
- Solid understanding and/or any working experience on designing and/or developing applications based on microservices using technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Kafka and Red Hat Open Shift is an advantage.
Main place of work
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.Rita Ferraro
Avaloq Evolution AG
Frau Michelle Hiestand