Work with leaders in
your field every day.
Glencore is one of the world's largest globally diversified natural resource companies and a major producer and marketer of
more than 90 commodities. Our operation comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites, oil production assets and
agricultural facilities - supported by a network of more than 90 offices located in over 50 countries.
We employ approximately 146,000 people including contractors and we provide people with the opportunity to develop
and grow their expertise and the confidence to grow their careers.
Accounting DepartmentBaar, Switzerland
We are looking for a motivated, recently qualified Chartered Accountant with a keen interest in the commodities trading and derivatives
environment and an excellent theoretical understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards "IFRS".
We are looking for candidates with:
The position encompasses the following tasks:
- Advanced English language ability, both written and spoken
- Performing the month end close per profit center
- Qualified Chartered Accountant from one of the "Big Four"
- Preparing detailed monthly profit and loss and working capital reviews
Accounting firms with 1 year post qualification experience,
ideally in the commodities industry
- Supporting other regional offices with accounting issues Guiding and advising traffic/operations on accounting day to day accounting matters
- Advanced Excel ability
- Analysing new transactions and concluding and documenting the appropriate accounting treatment under IFRS
Our preferred candidate is a dynamic, lateral thinking individual with a positive 'can do' attitude and a strong desire to learn. The candidate
- Supporting traffic/operations with the preparation of admust interact well within a team environment and approach and
hoc departmental financial reports
resolve issues in a structured methodical manner.
- Consistently challenging the status quo to ensure that activities and procedures are as efficient and effective as
He/She must be flexible, deadline orientated and attentive to detail.
This candidate is self-confident, able to spot potential issues and
possible, whilst adhering to a strong internal control ethos resolve them independently.
- Contribute to current projects underway, outside of month end
An interest in systems and a willingness to understand the technical
- Maintaining professional and technical accounting and finance knowledge
landscape is a prerequisite.
DIVERSIFIED - DEDICATED - DRIVEN apply now www.glencore.com/careers
Glencore International AG
Frau Evelyne Bütler
Baarermattstrasse 36340 Baar
Auf der Karte anzeigen