The PEGA developer will play a pivotal role in the complete solution lifecycle of PEGA solutions, including building Platform architecture, implementing interfaces for application integration that help to meet business objectives by ruthlessly pursuing agile techniques using CI/CD mindset. The candidate should have knowledge and experience in Platform Engineering and Infrastructure set up. The candidate will provide thought leadership and expertise on best practices for Application Platform setup and integrating middleware component. This role also requires an understanding of multi-tier architectures and Microservices (load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, networking, databases, content delivery networks). Experience with containers and orchestration platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes or OpenShift is nice to have.
Main Task / Activities
- Release management and production deployment plan and execution.
- Solution design and architecture for PEGA application
- Pega Platform infrastructure setup and application upgradation.
- Technical analysis and implementation of complex business scenarios with providing the best solution.
- Client interaction for analysis, development and third level support.
- Work independently for fixing production bugs under difficult circumstances such as inaccessibility to production-like data and time constraints, Identifying SQL query
- Lead and co-ordinate all infrastructural changes.
- Design and development of Control-M component for heterogeneous application integration.
- Design, develop and customize shells scripts to automate the build and deployment process.
- Provide technical guidance and support to Pega development team to design J2ee based integration solution.
- Support Cognizant teams with solution design and should be able to prepare high level and detailed design and architecture documents.
- Drive operational excellence and automation and stay up to date of new and upcoming technologies and developments in the Google Cloud and Azure.
- Write efficient, readable and reliable code for which you will create unit and integration test cases, and follow them during the SDLC (continuous integration) to ensure proper operation.
- Handling Code review activities from onshore, involving in detail design discussion with Client Design Reviewer.
- Proactively recycle technical knowledge in order to be able to propose new tools and methodologies to your team and the department.
- Senior PEGA developer with 8+ years of experience
- Experience with Pega Installation, upgrade and strong understanding of Pega Platform.
- Experience with development tools like Git , IntelliJ , Sonar, JFrog , Maven.
- Implement solutions focusing on reuse and industry standards at a program, enterprise or operational scope.
- Experience in working in an Agile Project Methodology.
Nice to have
- Hands-on experience with Java/J2EE, WebLogic, Spring Boot
- Experience with OpenShift, Docker, Control-M, Jenkins Pipeline or similar DevOps tools
- Experience with standard web protocols
- Experience in a global, multi-national enterprise with strong experience in the banking and financial services sector along sound knowledge of Financial Products and Banking processes.
- Has experience in leading others, work independently and function as a part of a team.
- Possess the ability to handle multiple projects, analyze data, & solve business issues creatively.
- Experienced working with intercultural and geographically dispersed team members.
- Effective communicator with excellent relationship management skills and strong analytical, problem solving & organizational abilities.
- Strong English language skills
- Strong proactive stakeholder management skills, including customer orientation and understanding customer requirements (including data in various source systems).
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.