To support our commitment to shape the future of the packaging world, Bobst is looking for an Expert Color Engineer.
Member of Group Technology, a transversal department responsible for developing and scaling new technologies within Bobst, You will help develop the ability of our printing machines and quality control systems to reproduce and measure true colors.
As color expert, your role will be to understand and model the chain of interaction that influences color reproduction in machines and develop solutions to measure and overcome them. You will work within a passionate and autonomous team of experts to design, develop and experiment new functions.YOUR MISSION
- Understand phenomenon that impact color reproducibility on our machines (digital printing, or flexographic and heliogravure)
- Modelize color reproducibility, interactions and process influence
- Create new measuring methods, optimization and correction models to guarantee the final color rendering
- Design, develop and experiment systems that measure & correct the color reproducibility on our machines, and the related signal processing algorithms
- Take in charge conceptual research, feasibility pre-studies, or industrial project with practical experimentation & qualification of a prototype or product
- Realize and experiment laboratory prototypes, therefore test and adapt the products at first customer sites
- Cooperate with universities, industrial partners and final customers
- University grade in Physics or similar, you have solid experience in colorimetry, signal processing and coding / simulation / modelization with Matlab
- Strong skills in radiometry, photometry & colorimetry
- Excellent knowledge of the different color spaces (CIELab, sRGB, …) and their related transformations, the ICC profiles, and the predictive color models
- Accomplish tasks with autonomy and result oriented
- An asset :
- knowledge in color standards (FOGRA, PANTONE, …)
- opto-electronic development (optical elements, sensor, laser, lighting techniques)
- You are creative, attracted by innovative products on industrial machines, and able to ealize and characterize prototypes
- More than 5 years of experience in a multidisciplinary development team for industrial products related to scientific colorimetry, or printing technology
- Team spirit oriented, able to work with multiple actors
- Proficiency in English; French a strong asset
BOBST is one of the world's leading suppliers of equipment and services to packaging and label manufacturers in the folding carton, corrugated board and flexible materials industries. We are present in over 50 countries. With more than 125 years of success in the markets, BOBST is always at the forefront of new technology developments to best respond to its clients' needs. Our leading position is due in particular to our capacity for innovation, the quality of our products and services, our values and the quality of our highly qualified staff.
The production site of Mex, near Lausanne in Switzerland, is also the headquarters of the Bobst Group. It is the most important site, employing approx. 1500 passionate people.
It also trains each year roughly 200 apprentices. The site offers an idyllic work environment. In the countryside and close to major highways, it is also well served by public transport. It offers many amenities, such as a corporate restaurant, sports fields, a fitness and a nursery. The facilities have been recently renovated and represent a model for sustainable development.