Long-term Senior Project Manager for Pharma Informatics - Scrum Master, Product-Owner, Organizational Change Management (ProSci), English, German
For our client in the Pharma industry based in Kaiseraugst / Basel we are looking for a Long-term Senior Project Manager for Pharma Informatics.
The Delivery-Management Chapter within xPIX (Cross-Pharma Informatics) hosts and deploys high quality talents (Program/Project-Managers, Agile-Coaches, Scrum-Masters) to the overall pharma IT organization (~3500 people worldwide) in a fast and simple way.
Initial 3 months contract to confirm suitability of arrangement for both sides and allow time for clarification of additional formalities - followed by potential multi-year contract. The hiring is not specific to an assignment, but rather intended for long-term augmentation of capacity & capabilities - client is therefore taking over the responsibility to newly assign available internal and external talents after assignment completion.
Areas of responsibility:
As a Project Manager, you will assemble, guide, empower and serve the team through excellence in project delivery resulting in value creation for our business and eventually, our patients. You will be responsible for leading a team to deliver project outcomes, products and services in a complex IT environment by selecting the best project delivery method (i.e. Agile principles and practices or Waterfall) that best fit the business needs. Therefore, the Project Manager can take
on one, or a combination, of the following roles in a squad, project or program: Program Manager, Project Manager, Squad Lead, Agile Coach or Scrum Master.
As part of one or more of those roles, you will be:
• Engage with Leadership, both business and IT, to collaborate on the delivery of value at a rate that is sustainable and digestible for the team and business
• Ensure promised business value is being earned by leveraging the value creation or value maintenance framework
• Orchestrate the formation of a squad and once established, closely interact with the product owner, partners and the development team
• Source of skills that are supplied by Pharma Informatics or other Technology partners
• Guide the squad on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
• Coach the team to learn and adopt agreed ways of working and reacting to potential challenges and questions
Professional and technical requirements:
The ideal candidate
• Has an agile mindset with ability to pivot between roles and approaches based on team needs
• Champions Agile principles and practices within the squad and leads by example
• Has a strong focus on delivering MVP's, focused on incremental value rather than perfection.
• Has strong soft skills typically required in stakeholder engagement (empowering people, influencing, negotiation, conflict management)
• Exhibits servant leadership style towards the product owner, scrum master, development team and the wider organization
- English (mandatory), German is a plus
- Project Management (PMP)
- Scrum-Master (SM)
- Product-Owner (PO)
- Organizational Change Management (ProSci)
- Pharma (2)
- Banking/Aviation (1)
- Practical: Agile Organizations & Teams (4)
- Practical: Agile Organizations or Teams (3)
- Theoretical: Agile Organizations & Teams (2)
- Theoretical: Agile Organizations or Teams (1)
Track-Record in business-critical Project-Management:
- 12y+ (4)
- 8-12 (3)
- 4-7 (2)
- 1-3 (1)
Specific experience (0-4)
- experience in leading virtual teams
- experience in computerized system validation
- experience with tools like smartsheet, trello, JIRA
- experience with gSuite (gSheets, gSlides, gDocs, gDrive, gChat & hangouts, gSites, g+, ...)
Reference no: 920027 AD
Role: Long-term Senior Project Manager for Pharma Informatics
Industry: Pharmaceutical industry
Location: Kaiseraugst / Basel, Switzerland
Start date: asap
Duration: initial 3-month assignment (as described), extension - possible (multiyear)
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.