We have been mandated to recruit two Global Category Managers (1. Electronic Components & Parts; 2. Motors & Motor Parts, please see the job description on our website www.badenochandclark.ch) for the central procurement organization of our client, based in the North of Zurich. The department for direct sourcing consists in a team of 17 global category managers based in Switzerland, China and in the United States, and manages a total spend of USD 1.4 Billion.
Our client creates innovative machinery solutions for its customers worldwide, producing both high volume items as well as complex tailor-made solutions. The company generates a yearly revenue of more than USD 4 Billions.
As a Global Category Manager – Electronic Components & Parts you will be responsible for the following scope of duties:
* Development & implementation of strategies for a completely new and very complex category in cooperation with a team of 2 – 8 Strategic Buyers
* Development, improvement & leadership of the new category "Electronic Components & Parts" with an annual spend of USD 90 – 100 Million
* Data analysis: Sourcing of new suppliers with an appropriate approach of RFIs, RFPs or RFQs to use & identification of savings
* Cost analysis: Managing costs and savings by applying should-cost models
* Close cooperation with stakeholders and departments (R&D, Engineering & Manufacturing) within a matrix organization
* Building and retaining of suppliers cooperation ensuring the alignment of the category's strategies & group targets
* Making up KPIs and setting rules of engagement in cooperation with divisions
In this position you will report directly to the Global Procurement Director – Direct Categories.
You are distinguished by the following characteristics:
* A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Management, Engineering or equal
* Primarily 5 years of practical experience within the fields of purchasing Electronics and Electromechanics
* Several years of experience within a mature procurement organization
* A striking ability to convert entrepreneurial behavior within a variable and open company environment
* Very good communication skills referring to strong negotiation skills with international suppliers
* Outsized English skills at a business level (spoken and written)
Interested in finding out more? Please submit your complete dossier via the following contact:
Practice Leader for Procurement & Supply Chain