Swiss-based u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is the global leader in wireless and positioning semiconductors for the automotive, industrial and consumer markets. Our solutions enable people, vehicles and machines to locate their exact position and wirelessly communicate via voice, text or video. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules and software solutions, u-blox is uniquely positioned to allow OEMs to develop innovative solutions that enable mobility quickly and cost-effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, u-blox is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia and the USA.
We are looking for a talented Graphic / UX Designer to create amazing user experiences and design solutions with high visual impact. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UX skills and is able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
You will work on a variety of topics, including websites, catalogues, magazines, product packaging, exhibitions or brand related topics in consistency with corporate design and in cooperation with internal and external stakeholders.
You will be located in Thalwil, Switzerland, and a vital part of the company’s business marketing team. The team consists of international experts for marketing communication, PR, digital, social and event management.
- Collaborate with different stakeholders internally and externally to define and implement innovative solutions for the visual direction and experience of our online channels
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Prepare final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Image research and maintenance of image database
- BA Graphic Design or equivalent education
- Min. 3 years experience in a similar role preferably in an agency
- Expert knowledge of Adobe creative suite
- Strong MS Office skills and HTML knowledge
- Proficient in English, additional language a plus
- Creative flair and a strong visual sense
- Confidence to present and explain ideas to clients and colleagues
- Ability to grasp client needs and consider practical solutions
- Ability to handle daily work and several projects at the same time
- Good team player and high flexibility to work in a competitive working environment
- Matter-of-fact approach when ideas or designs cannot be realized