C++ Software Engineer - Basel - 100%
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services range from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organisational growth by attracting, assessing and placing specialised professional talent.
For our international client based in Basel, Experis is currently looking for a C++ Software Engineer for a contracting position until the end of the year, with a strong possibility of extension.
Background: We are looking for a talented Professional Software Engineer (C++) to join our digital biomarker program. The successful candidate will develop scientific applications used in clinical trials ultimately intended to discover digital biomarkers.
- Start date: 23.10.2017
- Latest start date: 01.11.2017
- End date: 21.12.2017
- Work location: Base
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: not possible
- Travelling: not required
- Team size: 6 members
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Develop the computational backend of applications used to discover digital biomarkers
* Participate in technical decision regarding the implementation of new algorithm to mine sensor data
* Enhance the existing infrastructure that handles the data collected from sensors used in clinical trials
* Proactively collaborate with a team of heterogeneous professional (data scientists, software engineers and life science experts)
You bring for this role the following qualifications:
* 5 to 7 years professional experience in modern C++ programming, focused on code quality, simplicity and ease of maintenance
* +5 years of experience of working in an agile environment using unit testing, automation and best practices to deliver high-quality code (Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, code versioning)
* Master (or at least Bachelor degree) in computer science, engineering or related technical fields
* Scientific computing knowledge and proven hands-on experience with libraries like Boost and Eigen (+3 years of experience)
* Eagerness and capacity to quickly learn new domains and technologies
* Strong analytical skills combined with conceptual thinking and structured working style ability to work in a multi-cultural team
* English language, written and spoken
Nice to Haves:
+++ Experience with C++ cross-platform framework for mobile app development
+++ Knowledge on how to debug applications on Windows/Mac/Linux
++ Project-based work experience in the pharmaceutical industry/consulting
++ German would be an asset
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However should you have any questions please contact Stéphanie Vogt on +41 61 282 22 16.
Even though this position may not be the perfect fit for you, please reach out to us, as we have hundreds of open positions at Experis IT across Switzerland.
Check out all of Experis' job openings at www.experis.ch or visit my personal page https://www.experis.ch/stephanie-vogt and connect to me on www.linkedin.com/in/stephanie-vogt2
+41 61 282 22 16