Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 230 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Business Development Manager IT Infrastructure (new technologies)
Young Professional as Business Development Manager IT-Infrastructure (new technologies)
In this role you are responsible to generate new opportunities in Switzerland along with various vertical and country sales teams and open new logos for Cognizant. The role will entail leading pipeline generation activities, chasing large deals renewals in the market and overseeing a number of sales opportunities and driving the solution teams to provide a credible and quality response to client's requirements.
Cognizant Infrastructure Services (CIS) provides IT infrastructure services for clients across industry verticals, including both consulting/professional and managed services, across Enterprise Converged Computing, Cloud, Automation, IT Analytics, Data Centers, End User Computing, Service Desk, Network and Security Services and Systems Integration capabilities.
- Responsible for business development with verticals and country sales teams to win new business/major renewals for CIS in Switzerland, encompassing a range of Infrastructure components
- Proactively educate, generate interest and demand in CIS services with industry vertical / country sales teams and their customers
- Develop strategy for getting qualified for large deals renewals in the geography which includes positioning IT IS services with advisors, analysts, etc.
- Ensure the business case for the opportunity is fully understood
- Present the proposal/solutions to customers
- Collaborate with virtual solution/proposal team on customer bids
- Define bid strategy
- Assist the pricing analyst to come up with a business case
- Work with Solution Architects and other teams to build the solution models
- Responsible for the executive communications and the executive summary in proposal
- Review proposal content with assistance from the engagement team
- Engaged Partners to bring end to end solutions
- Assist in the negotiation of price and SLAs
Key Skills and Experience:
- Commercial awareness - ability to understand the clients business case and win price
- Sound understanding of the latest trends in Infrastructure Services
- Strong understanding of the basics Infrastructure outsourcing services like EUC, Remote Infrastructure Management, Cloud (public and private), IT Automation
- Experience in working with a global delivery model and working with geographically disperse solution teams
- Prior experience of new business development
- Ability to engage with clients and present to C level / IT Director audiences
- Strong leadership skills with ability to operate in a virtual and metrics team structure
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Fluency in German and English
- Motivated, self-starter who does not require significant over site
- Ability to forge relationships both within and external to organization
- Comfortable with high levels of travel
- Experience of building solutions with partners and subcontractors as part of a broader Infrastructure outsource Global delivery model
- Relevant degree or equivalent