The University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland Valais (HES-SO Valais-Wallis) has over 2,000 students in 9 degree programmes. With its 7 research institutes, it contributes effectively to the innovation, the economic and social development and the creation of jobs in the Valais.
The Institute of Systems Engineering of the HES-SO Valais invites applications for a Research Associate
· Participate in the set up and implementation of national and international research and development projects of the Institute of Systems Engineering
· Independently draft technical documentation and scientific publications for an international public
· Develop and maintain contacts with our national and international partners for future projects
· PhD in IT or electronics
· Experience in projects related to medical technologies, in particular the development of novel medical devices and drug delivery systems; good knowledge of pharmacokinetics
· Experience in design implementation of real-time embedded systems: timed models, scheduling algorithms, real-time, performance and safety analysis techniques, autonomous embedded systems
· Experience in supervising PhD and Master students
· Programming skills in Matlab, C and C++
· Good publication record in the fields of engineering, medicine and biology
· Basic medicine and medical device certification process is a plus, knowledge of Swiss research environment in medical technologies (i.e. CHUV or EPFL research groups) is a plus
· Experience in participation in European and SNSF projects, familiar with research grant schemas in Switzerland
· Very good knowledge of English and good knowledge of French or German.
Route du Rawyl 47 1950 Sion