Head of Operations & Governance - Investment Management Switzerland, 80 - 100%
Within the Zurich Group, we are a community of about 500 investment professionals worldwide. Being responsible for managing Zurich's own assets of about 200 billion dollars, we are an important partner for the Group's insurance business. Investment Management Switzerland manages assets of over CHF 33 billion.
Our people are at the core of what we do. We recognize that people and culture are important for our business. This defines how we hire, develop and motivate our people. We welcome diversity and are proud to offer a broad range of flexible work environments that allow you to balance work and private life.
To complete our team, we are looking for you: As an excellent team player, you are excited about working in a diverse environment. You are a creative thinker who challenges conventional wisdom and helps us to further improve the way we generate value for Zurich. If you are passionate about what you do and have a positive can-do attitude, then we are your employer.
As Head of Operations & Governance, you will lead the development, establishment and implementation of the operational strategy for IM Switzerland. This encompasses governance, operational risk management and compliance. The incumbent is a thought leader and challenger of the business strategy in IM Switzerland to ensure that all internal procedures / policies are fully adhered to and operational setups are efficient, effective and provide the business a solid foundation for future opportunities.
As a Head of Operations & Governance you will act as the central implementation and management lead for:
Your Skills and Experience As a Head of Operations & Governance your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Compliance activities and reporting (through active, effective and efficient approach to IM Switzerland-wide monitoring and adherence to governance rules and principles)
- Process documentation and control framework (control design and operating effectiveness)
- Technology (information management, tools to improve efficiency and decision making, automation and digitization)
- Identification and assessment of risks with a potentially negative impact on IM Switzerland to create transparency and improve understanding of risks
- Collaboration with local and Group Investment Management assurance functions
- The Head will be the key resource and expert for the CIO regarding all aspects of regulatory, compliance and operational effectiveness for both existing and future business. This includes challenging the status quo while also ensuring that IM Switzerland is able to fully meet requirements of new business opportunities as they emerge. It is expected that this would include identifying pragmatic and implementable solutions.
- Actively manage outsourcing and servicing relationships / partners, both internal and external to deliver best outcome (excluding asset managers).
Additional Information Primary work location is Zürich Oerlikon. The travel requirement is up to 20%. If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Urs Kaeslin is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button "Apply online". You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site . Zurich Virtual Tour Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in the Zurich Virtual Tour . Who we are Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 54,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit. At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. Information for recruitment agencies Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal.
- Master's degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and / or Financial Risk Manager (FRM) designation is recommended
- 7 years of relevant work experience in investment / asset management, preferably including exposure to the insurance industry and / or audit
- Understanding of regulatory and reporting environment governing (insurance) investments in Switzerland
- Existing or capability to quickly acquire knowledge of Zurich compliance and reporting requirements, procedures and control framework
- Analytical mind with a focus on detail, high self-motivation and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills (written / spoken) in German (a must) and in English
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.