Senior Legal Counsel Corporate Center Legal Governance & Corporate Law 80-100%
In this role you will be responsible for leading all legal aspects of the Annual General Meeting, acting as company secretary for several legal entities, maintaining and updating of corporate documents as well as providing professional legal advice to Group functions and business (often as a member of a project team), senior management and the Company Secretary of the Group in the areas of Swiss company and stock exchange law and national and international corporate governance best practices. This is a key position for contributing to the sound management of reputational, legal and regulatory risks of the Group.
As a Senior Legal Counsel your main responsibilities will involve:
- Acting as Legal lead of Annual General Meeting, including preparation of changes to Articles of Association
- Proposing, drafting, updating and reviewing corporate documents
- Executing company secretarial tasks, including roles as company secretary for certain group entities
- Providing legal advice to Group functions, business and senior management on corporate and stock exchange law as well as corporate governance matters, potentially as a member of a project team, assessing legal and reputational risks with the aim to realize business goals while mitigating risks and protecting the Zurich brand. The job holder attends to arising legal questions or issues he/she learns about in an autonomous and unsolicited way.
- Preparing reports/updates to senior management and board of directors
- Cooperation and coordination within Group Legal and key Group functions regarding the aforementioned matters and providing input regarding Swiss and international private or public initiatives through industry associations or similar as appropriate
- Reviewing communications and publications with Group impact from a legal perspective
- Supporting line managers (team leader, General Counsel Corporate Center/Company Secretary of the Group) regarding legal administrative and organizational issues and events.
- Participation in practice groups/networks
- Participation in individually assigned projects and tasks
- Following legal developments and best practices in the above areas, contributing to internal reportings and informing line manager and/or wider Group as appropriate
Your Skills and Experience As a Legal Counsel your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Swiss law degree and bar exam essential
- Profound understanding of Swiss Company Law and corporate governance best practices and trends, knowledge of Swiss Stock Exchange Law, regulatory system and international corporate governance trends
- 7-10 years of experience in a law firm and/or legal department of a larger enterprise and/or comparable organization, ideally listed at a stock exchange
- Experience in insurance or financial industry
- Above-average professional qualifications
- Very broad and solid knowledge of general legal principles
- Loyal independent thinker; assertive with diplomatic skills
- Thinks entrepreneurial to facilitate business (in the limits of law); creative and problem-solving and result-oriented
- Person of integrity and able to work under pressure in a professional way; flexible; pro-active; autonomous, cooperative; helpful
- Excellent command of German and English both spoken and written is essential, other languages a plus
- Advanced project management skills
- Advanced computer user skills
- Ability to balance competing priorities and objectives
- Objectivity and impartiality
- Ability to use resources effectively and efficiently
- Willingness to raise difficult or sensitive issues
- Well-organised, proactive and customer focused
Primary work location is Zürich. If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Grace Cunningham is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button "Apply online".You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site
Zurich Virtual Tour Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in the Zurich Virtual Tour .
Who we are Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 54,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit. At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. Information for recruitment agencies Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.