Business Analyst - Risk Engineering IT Services 80-100%
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst, who is responsible for shaping projects and program and verifying that Business Analysis activity is in line with project / program objectives. In this role you will lead and / or complete the elicitation of business requirements and their translation into solution requirements to ensure their implementation throughout the project life cycle. Furthermore, you will understand and be able to apply the different delivery approaches (Waterfall, SCRUM, and Zurich Lean) and perform, independently, business analysis processes in accordance with Zurich Project Management Framework (ZPMF) and the Zurich Risk Policy.
As a Business Analyst your main responsibilities will involve:
Your Skills and Experience As a Business Analyst your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Describing as-is / to-be models as part of the requirements elicitation process i.e; process, data, workflow, application etc.
- Ability to adapt to and apply different delivery methodologies including SCRUM, Waterfall and Zurich Lean
- Planning, conducting / facilitating elicitation sessions and ensuring production of associated deliverables
- Understanding customers´ objectives, processes and products in order to make recommendations
- Quickly 'connecting the dots' for requirements driving / impacting changes across the Risk Engineering multi-platform landscape
- Supporting project manager in building Business Case, including cost / benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope and development of a high level plan
- Producing requirement specifications and outlining solution design documents throughout the project life cycle, incorporating change requests and finalization of requirements documentation
- Planning and following-up of Business Analyst activities for the project / program
- Analyzing and managing requirement risk, trace ability matrix and prioritizing requirements
- Supporting development of test plan, testing, implementation and training activities
- Performing quality review checks on solution
- Supporting post implementation activities including problem solving and measurement of benefits. In case expected benefits are not achieved, you will support the analysis to determine root cause.
- Communicating effectively through different mediums at all levels
- Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal coaching
Additional Information Primary work location is Zürich. If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Grace Cunningham is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button "Apply online". You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site . Zurich Virtual Tour Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in the Zurich Virtual Tour .
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience within technical IT environment
- 7 or more years of experience as a Business Analyst including 4 or more years within moderate risk projects, with a proven track record
- Worked on projects for various business communities / areas, preferably in the insurance sector
- Background in Financial Services. Exposure to Risk Engineering / Underwriting business is an advantage
- Project management skills are an asset
- Business Analysis Professional certification (CBAP)
- Professional Product Owner certificate or equivalent
- Professional SCRUM Master 1 certificate or equivalent
- Excellent analytical and abstract thinking skills, able to think out of the box
- Excellent oral and written effective communications skills in English, Spanish and / or German as a 2nd language is an advantage
- Excellent business process modeling, requirements analysis and insurance industry skills
- Problem solving, quality management and risk management skills
- application testing and application landscape skills
- Good knowledge of Windows system environments, database systems, data modeling, SQL, Java and/or ASP.NET programming language
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office toolset
- Proven expertise in Microsoft Dynamics CRM - 2011 and 365 - environment and related resources is a key asset
Who we are Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 54,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit. At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. Information for recruitment agencies Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.