LEM - At the heart of power electronics
LEM is the market leader in providing innovative and high quality solutions for measuring electrical parameters. Its core products - current and voltage transducers - are used in a broad range of applications in drives & welding, renewable energies & power supplies, traction, high precision, conventional and green cars businesses. LEM's strategy is to exploit the intrinsic strengths of its core business, and to develop opportunities in existing and new markets with new applications. LEM is a mid-size, global company with approximately 1'480 employees worldwide. It has production plants in Beijing (China), Geneva (Switzerland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Tokyo (Japan), and a dedicated R&D Center in Lyon (France). With regional sales offices near its customers' locations, the Company is able to offer a seamless service around the globe. LEM has been listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange since 1986; the company's ticker symbol is LEHN.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
You will support the Automotive R&D Department, being part of their Project teams and working day to day with Development Engineers. You will have to find, audit and select suppliers taking into account the R&D needs, the LEM supplier qualification process and the LEM purchasing policy. Regular technology survey is part of your responsibility. You will participate in the optimization of the supplier panel in a Global and Multi-Site vision.
Within the framework of R&D projects, you will be in charge of costing and value analysis on products, through the establishment of tools and database within the group. You will negotiate, establish and follow contracts, manage the launch of tools and prototypes, follow the parts qualification. You are therefore a key team player in the achievement of our three main operational objectives: quality improvement, cost reduction and "on time" delivery.
In addition to R&D support, you will also collaborate with your counterpart in our Chinese Production site in order to establish the best cross-functional organization and provide support when transferring production between LEM sites. You will contribute to the purchasing budget preparation and you will identify main cost contributors in order to proactively make proposals and manage cost saving activities with strong return on Investment. You will be responsible of your KPI's.
As highly motivated and dynamic professional, you play a key role in the new product developments. You are always ready to respond proactively to internal clients' in cross-functional dynamics.
· University or equivalent technical degree in electronics, mechanics and/or plastics, ideally completed by a postgraduate or specific training in Purchasing.
· Strong experience in cost and value analysis
· Good knowledge of electronic, mechanical, electromechanical and plastic parts / processes
· 3+ years proven activity as Project Buyer in a Competitive Technical & Mass Production Environment.
· A previous experience in automotive sector is a real asset.
· Knowledge of quality management tools and supplier audit experience.
· Proven ability to work with an ERP system.
· With an international sourcing expertise especially from low cost countries.
· Fluent in English and French.
Key Personal skills:
· International and multicultural experience.
· Effective and tough negotiator; rigorous and autonomous; focused, organized and results oriented.
· Team oriented approach in a participative management structure.
· Willing to learn, flexible, proactive and driven by continuous improvement.
· Willing to travel
Date of employment: As soon as possible
Please send your CV and cover letter at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chemin des Aulx 8 1228 Plan les Ouates