DevOps Engineer - Basel - 100%
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services range from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organisational growth by attracting, assessing and placing specialised professional talent.
For our international client based in Basel, Experis is currently looking for a DevOps Engineer for a contracting position of 1 year.
- Start date: 01.01.2018
- End date: 31.12.2018
- Work location: Basel
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Work on a team responsible for all aspects of providing and automating the software development tool chain. Support a culture and environment, where building, testing, and releasing software can happen rapidly, frequently, and reliably. Serve as a change champion in the adoption of new ways and tools to build, release and manage software.
Activities will include maintenance and operation of pipeline software, creating self-service and automated tools and testing, coordination with the cloud team to maintain best practices, instantiation of automation scripts, and working with Software Engineering teams to promote DevOps practices and principles. Provide on-site operational user support for DevOps platforms and tools, including design and consulting support.
You bring for this role the following qualifications:
Must-Have's / Minimum:
* 4+ years software development and/or DevOps experience
* Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration, including experience with automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, etc.
* Hands on experience with infrastructure tools such as AWS, VMware, Docker, and Vagrant
* Strong understanding of, and practical experience with, Java web application development
* Familiarity with the Atlassian toolset including Jira and Confluence or similar tools
* Knowledge of APIs, RESTful services and how they can be used to integrate with AWS
* Comfortable with working in both Linux (RHEL and CentOS) and Windows environments
* Experience with scripting in Jenkins, Chef, CloudFormation, Puppet, Ancible, TerraForm, or other similar products
* Experience working with version control software, particularly Git and SVN
* Programming experience in Ruby, Python or Java with software design skills, as well as with current best practices and methodologies (e.g. Agile)
* Familiarity with Software Security and Compliance
* Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall
* Able to maintain collaborative working relationships with stakeholders in scientific, development and operations communities
Nice to Have's:
* AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
* Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
* Experience with Agile development methodology
* Experience with full-stack development
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However should you have any questions please contact Stéphanie Vogt on +41 61 282 22 16.
Even though this position may not be the perfect fit for you, please reach out to us, as we have hundreds of open positions at Experis IT across Switzerland.
Check out all of Experis' job openings at www.experis.ch or visit my personal page https://www.experis.ch/stephanie-vogt and connect to me on www.linkedin.com/in/stephanie-vogt2
+41 61 282 22 16