Senior Requirements Engineer / Data Analyst DWH/BI 80-100%
Data & Analytics Switzerland is responsible for the definition of the data management strategy and the implementation of the strategic data integration platform of Zurich Insurance Switzerland. Data & Analytics designs and implements the target DWH, BI and master data management landscape as part of the analytical and reporting roadmap as well as to support various strategic business initiatives. The senior requirements engineer / data analyst DWH/BI will be engaged in the implementation of the IFRS 17 standard for Zurich Insurance Switzerland. Embedded in the agile development team this role ensures successful project delivery by defining, managing and assuring high-quality data, functional and non-functional requirements.
As a Senior Requirements Engineer / Data Analyst DWH/BI your main responsibilities will involve:
Your Skills and Experience As a Requirements Engineer / Data Analyst DWH/BI your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Elicitate, Define, estimate and manage project data and functional requirements such as user stories/scenarios, report requirements, KPIs, business rules, data integration rules, conceptual data model entities and non-functional requirements understandable by both business and IT
- Manage requirements / the product backlog (manage the status of requirements, identify impact of changes to existing requirements) and support business and project management in prioritization.
- Lead requirements analysis and definition workshops
- Identification of data sources, documentation of data assets in and flows between source systems. Documentation of outbound interface requirements in interface agreements and SLA contracts with data consumers and suppliers incl. non-functional such as data security requirements. Preparation of and participation in data standardization meetings with business representatives to agree on business definitions, performance measures, hierarchies etc.
- Provide Project Managers and Scrum Masters with estimates for data acquisition and support planning activities.
- Elicitate and document of business (semantic) meta data and Data Quality rules
- Support Test Managers in the creation of test cases and support test execution
- Support Data Architects for data modeling and Solution Architects and engineers in defining solution designs
- Support / Drive the further definition and roll-out of requirements engineering best practices, standards, processes and tools
- Bachelor or master?s degree in information science, finance or equivalent working experience
- At least 8 years of hands-on experience as business analyst, requirements engineer, data analyst or business project lead / expert incl. all tasks mentioned above in in mid- to large sized projects one or the following areas: enterprise data warehousing / data integration and reporting platforms, financial reporting, insurance policy administration, reserve calculations
- Background in finance and insurance business (General Insurance and/or Life) or in IT with strong business exposure in the financial industry preferably in larger companies.
- Hands-on knowledge on all areas of the DWH/BI stack, i. e. additionally in Business Intelligence (reporting and analysis) and multidimensional data bases (MS Analysis Services, etc.)
- Extensive experience with software delivery processes (preferably agile or iterative methodologies such as Disciplined Agile Delivery, SCRUM, SAFe) and application lifecycle management
- Good English skills (written and spoken) , German is a plus (written and spoken)
- Good working knowledge of SQL (ability to write and read SQL queries and pseudo code) and experience in conceptual and logical data modeling (relational 3NF and multidimensional/Star)
- Experience with requirements management & testing tools such as JIRA, Confluence, HP ALM / Quality Center or equivalent
- Proven experience with BI and analytics technologies and tools (MSSQL, SAS or in one or more major BI vendor packages)
- Experience in Data Lifecycle, Data Quality and Meta Data Management
Primary work location is Zurich Oerlikon. If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Christina Wichmann is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button ?Apply online?. You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site . Zurich Virtual Tour Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in the Zurich Virtual Tour . Who we are Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit. At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. Information for recruitment agencies Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.