Tamedia is the leading private media group in Switzerland. The digital platforms, daily and weekly newspapers and magazines of Tamedia offer overview, classification and selection. The company was founded in 1893 and employs a staff of approximately 3,400 in Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg and Serbia. It has been traded at the Swiss stock exchange since 2000.
ricardo.ch Ltd. was founded in November 1999 under the name of auktion24.ch in Baar (ZG) and has been part of the Ricardo Group since 2008. Currently, over 2,3 million members are trading goods amounting to over 660 million Swiss Francs yearly, making ricardo.ch the biggest Swiss online marketplace. The platform for new and used cars auto.ricardo.ch is also part of the Ricardo Group.
Mobile Software Engineer
We create easy-to-use, elegant and seamless apps for our customers.
Our mobile team works in a fast-paced environment to ship our products which are built on top of the hybrid framework Xamarin. The applications we build are used to serve customers on the largest e-commerce platform in Switzerland, both on iOS and Android.
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with User Experience Designers, Product Managers and other - Software Engineers to improve our mobile apps
- Build efficient and maintainable systems (apps and APIs)
- Monitor and solve issues
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Share best practices with others and help establish engineering standards
- A bachelor's/master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years experience developing Android and/or iOS applications
- Proficient in common engineering tools such as Git
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Passionate about mobile technologies and coding
- Experience with Xamarin and C#
- Experience building REST-APIs
- Fluent in English (French or German is a plus)
Your benefits working for us
- Strong engineering culture, empowerment and trust
- Working on a very popular product (90% recognition) in Switzerland
- Training and conference budget available for every Engineer
- Weekly time for more free-form experiments and hacking
- Central office close to Zug main station with great public transportation access (25 minutes from Zurich, 20 minutes from Luzern)
- Video games, table soccer, sports offering over lunch
- Free coffee, affordable beverages for breakfast and lunch
About ricardo.ch engineering
ricardo.ch engineering is the largest part of EPD - a unified Engineering, Product and Design department. We work cross-functionally, with around 6-8 teams active on different topics at once. We share a hackday-style way of working, with weekly public standups and demos, strong self-organization, and individual responsibility. With over 60 engineers, and three offices (Zug CH, Belgrade SRB, Valbonne FR), we work closely with our colleagues across three countries. Together, we partake in workshops, hack days, and allocate 20% of engineering time for innovation, learning, and experiments. Our culture is geek, our working style is agile, and our mindset is collaborative.
Today, ricardo.ch is the largest online marketplace in Switzerland with over 1 million listed items and more than 2 million users. We aim to improve our platform, innovate, grow the marketplace even further. If you enjoy challenges at scale, high energy work, and are creative in the solutions you bring, we are excited to hear from you!
We look forward to your application Joshua Devadas
Herr Joshua Devadas
+41 76 434 23 29