Flavour Analytics Technician
Flavour Analytics Technician
"Shared responsibility and individual accountability"
Nestlé Research Center, Lausanne, Switzerland Undefined period of time contract,
act. rate 100 %
Over the last 5 years, the 600-staff NRC has published around 1000 scientific publications in peer review journals and files about 80 patents every year. The NRC also has around 100 research collaborations with universities or research institutes around the world. The NRC is organized with three large research institutes for Nutritional Science, Materials Science and Food Safety & Analytical Science. Research Units focusing on Clinical Development, and PetCare, complement these major Institutes. The NRC plays an important role in providing the science behind healthier products (learn more about the NRC at www.research.nestle.com).
Lausanne is home to the two strongholds of Nestlé's fundamental research: the Nestlé Research Center (NRC) and the Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS) that investigate the complex interactions between nutrition, health and wellness.
To support its research strategy, the Institute of Material Science at the NRC is seeking for a Flavour Analytics Technician to complete our Chemistry & Biotechnology Department.
In this position you will work within the Flavour group to execute and report laboratory activities according to project planning, under scientist supervision and in compliance with good laboratory practices (GLP) and safety rules.
- Prepare and carry out laboratory analysis, mainly by LC/MS and GC/MS, according to protocols for flavour analysis of foods and beverages
- Consolidate analytical data by basic statistics and document results appropriately
- Drive and assist rapid-prototyping activities and organize sensory evaluations
- Present results at group or project level and contribute to result analysis and presentation with scientists
- Participate in methods description in publications, R&D reports
- Provide accurate and on-time technical support in projects
- Contribute to laboratory organization (maintenance, SOPs, inventory, etc.)
- CFC as laboratory technician or equivalent and at least 3 years practical experience (ideally in food chemistry)
- Strong hands-on experience in instrumental analytics (LC/MS, GC/MS, LC-UV, IC)
- Master other methodologies/technologies for isolation, identification and quantification of organic molecules from food and/or raw materials
- Good mastership of informatics tools and MS office (excel, ppt, word) for data treatment and consolidation
- Curious and initiative with hands-on experimental mind-set is mandatory
- Technical Processing Know-How / Sensory know how considered as a plus
- Good communication skills and team spirit with ability to work independently
- Preferably fluent in French with solid English skills
Show us that you demonstrate excellent practical experience and have curiosity to drive and master complex analytical tools and explore new techniques. Your experience in instrumental analytical chemistry combined with a curious and initiative mind-set is what will set you apart among the other candidates. Your good Laboratory Practice/QSHE and your ability to provide technical lab work and support to project team are key elements. If you believe you have the profile we are looking for and are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you! Please apply in English at www.nestle.com/jobs.
The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 89.8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2017. It is present in 189 countries around the world, has 413 factories and its 323,000 employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.
Invoice Center Avenue Nestlé 55 - P.O. Box 800 1800 Vevey