Asset Management Business Process and Operational Risk ManagerAt Vontobel, we are committed to actively shaping our future. We create and pursue investment opportunities that get our clients ahead. As a global financial service provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in wealth management, active asset management and investment solutions that fit.
Within our team Business Transformation & Digitalization in Zurich we are looking for an Asset Management Business Process and Operational Risk Manager (100%).
The Business Process and Operational Risk Manager represents Vontobel's Asset Management business as a senior process specialist and first line of defense to focus specifically on controls, risk and process governance and adherence to regulations and best practice. The individual will manage and continuously improve our Asset Management processes and develop and maintain a best-in-class operational risk governance set-up.
- You continuously ensure consistency and manage interdependencies of AM core processes
- You challenge existing processes, identify optimization potentials and implement process optimization measures
- You develop and execute procedures to ensure, all AM processes are maintained centrally and documented in BPMN
- You act as central entrance window in terms of Operational Risk Control and Compliance concerns and coordination function between 1st and 2nd Line of Defense
- In your function, you maintain an overview of the relevant business processes and control environment (1st line of defense) within Asset Management in Switzerland and abroad (in cooperation with local representatives) and know the associated compliance and operational risks
- As a Business Risk Manager, you coordinate, monitor and ensure the completion of the annual Risk & Control Self Assessments (RCSA) in Asset Management (Support and Coordination between Process, Risk and Control Owner)
- You critically review the results of the RCSA in Asset Management in order to ensure appropriate assessment quality before the release to Operational Risk Control (2nd line of defense)
- You inform the AM Management on a regular basis by means of reports on the current status of work and results regarding RCSA and the Internal Control System of Asset Management
- Excellent knowledge in Asset Management and Finance, especially trading related processes
- University Degree in Business, Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields
- Experienced in project and process management with a proven track record in Operational Risk Management within Financial Services
- Capability to work with a precise analytical mindset and to maintain a high level of compliance with relevant regulations and best practice
- Willingness to work in a dynamic and challenging field with clear commitment to flexibility
- Proficiency in English language; German would be an additional asset
- Senior practitioner with distinct communication and negotiation skills and ability to tailor content to different stakeholder groups
- Structured strategic thinking and ability to define practicable frameworks and measures
- Analytical skills in developing and maintaining process models
- Comfortable in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment and able to identify and implement process improvements
- Self-driven and team-oriented innovation promoter with strong problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
Stefanie Glaser, Corporate Human Resources, +41 (0)58 283 7387
Take ownership and bring opportunities to life. Be Vontobel.