R&D Specialist and project Manager in Beverage Products
R&D Specialist and Project Manager in Development of Beverage Products
"I want to make an impact locally and have an influence globally"
Nestlé System Technology Centre, Orbe, Switzerland Undefined period of time contract, act. rate 100%
The Nestlé System Technology Center in Orbe is Nestlé's leading competence center for the design, development and deployment of Nestlé systems, offering expertise in machines, packaging, and products for in-home and out-of-home.
As a R&D Specialist and Project Manager in Development of Beverage Products, you will drive the development, innovation and renovation of products/systems/processes from inception through all stages of development. Furthermore, you will be responsible for medium complexity R&D project with a high business impact, sponsored by a member of Business Unit. You will manage the project on the product development side to deliver innovative and competitive products for NDG beverage system in response to business needs. You will interact proactively with the other functions, especially with the R&D centres and operations to ensure the overall project objectives. You will provide strong scientific/technical guidance to team members and product manufacturing. Finally, you will ensure end-to-end project management according to procedures and guidelines including documentation.
This position requires between 20 and 40% business trips (Europe)
- Propose and drive new ideas for the project to the R&D centers, the Business Unit and Operations.
- In collaboration with the R&D centers, deliver product(s) for Nescafé Dolce Gusto system with defined quality at defined time and costs.
- Transfer the product / solution to factories, providing assistance during the industrialisation in factories, including root cause analysis in case of unforeseen technical issues, proposal and implementation of corrective actions
- Manage fully the project team.
- Give operational support & assistance in industrialization start-ups, follow-up product launches, including technical and product improvements. Ensure zero waste and vertical setup up.
- Integrate Scientific, Technology, Quality and Safety and Environment knowledge into business.
- Organize proactively products/system performances learnings to transfer, apply and train people.
- Create synergies through effective networking with all relevant R&D Units, business partners, the Business Unit, external partners (Open Innovation).
- Manage among stakeholders, negotiates with Nestlé decision makers and business partners.
- Master degree in food science & food technology.
- At least 5 years' experience in R&D and/or operations with knowledge of coffee or beverage in general
- Strong experience in project organization & management (min 3 years)
- Courage and ability to take decisions and solve problems
- Has proven communication skills
- Fluent in English,
- Other languages would be an advantage (French)
Show us that you are passionate about the project and has the capability to see the complete picture. Furthermore, you must have courage to challenge stakeholders, clients and sponsors as well as team members for the best result and to control project scope creep. Your strong initiative, your dynamic and your strong ability to work in teams is key element for this role. Finally, your leader mindset and your capacity to create a climate for success is what will set you apart from other candidates. If you are dedicated to apply Product R&D Specialist and demonstrate an excellent leadership, and you want to make a difference to our performance, please apply in English at: www.nestle.com/jobs.
The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 89.8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2017. It is present in 189 countries around the world, has 413 factories and its 323,000 employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.
Invoice Center Avenue Nestlé 55 - P.O. Box 800 1800 Vevey