Tamedia is the leading private media group in Switzerland. The digital platforms, daily and weekly newspapers and magazines of Tamedia offer overview, classification and selection. The company was founded in 1893 and employs a staff of approximately 3,400 in Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg and Serbia. It has been traded at the Swiss stock exchange since 2000.
Pricing and Business Analyst (m/w) Digital Advertising
Applications are accepted in English and German
ABOUT TAMEDIA ADVERTISING
Tamedia Advertising is the in-house advertising division of Switzerland's leading media corporation. It is selling and operating the ad-inventory of all Tamedia brands including news outlets such as 20 Minuten und Tagesanzeiger, as well as purely digital companies such as Doodle, Homegate, Ricardo and Tutti. The team "Digital Advertising" is the digital engine within the division. It includes digital advertising operations as well as, digital product management, technology, product innovation and business intelligence.
THE OPPORTUNITY IN SHORT
Our team is seeking a motivated Pricing and Business Analyst (m/f) interested in combining strategy with large data sets to maximize yield and enable top-management to make substantiated business decisions. In this exciting role, you will be responsible for driving the advertising unit's pricing and business analytics activities, fostering a data-driven culture. You will be managing price perception and profitability on a group level with an eye towards making the trade-off between the two more efficient. In this role you will be part of the Strategy and Business Analytics Team working closely with Product and Programmatic Management, the Chief Sales Officers and various other key stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You lead and coordinate cross-divisional strategy and pricing projects
- You develop data-driven decision-making principles and business cases for top-management
- You implement an initially defined dynamic pricing project for Digital
- Advertising and assume a key position in the further development and optimization
- Working with our data scientists, you improve pricing algorithms to increase automation, revenue and sales performance
- You support the rollout of new pricing strategies to other sectors of the advertising industry, such as Video/TV or Out of Home
- You analyse key digital advertising KPIs (fill rate, CPM, CTR, viewability, etc.) and develop recommendations for top-management
- You have 3-4 years of experience in a comparable position, a leading management consultancy or digital company
- BA/BSc required, MA/MSc preferred. Major in economics, business, computer science, engineering or equivalent
- Alternatively, you have experience in dynamic pricing in industries that are similar to the digital advertising industry (e.g. airlines, auction systems)
- You feel comfortable in the media environment and ideally have experience with technologies such as AdServers, DMPs, and Google Analytics
- You have strong analytical and conceptual skills and are well versed in dealing with large amounts of data
- You can present complex issues clearly and in an understandable way
- English is a must, German a plus
We look forward to your application