Tamedia is the leading private media group in Switzerland. The digital platforms, daily and weekly newspapers and magazines of Tamedia offer overview, classification and selection. The company was founded in 1893 and employs a staff of approximately 3,400 in Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg and Serbia. It has been traded at the Swiss stock exchange since 2000.
Do you have a problem-solving and team-oriented personality? Are you interested in all the possible futures of the Web and becoming a knowledge-leader in the newest technologies? If so, we need you!
We are looking for an experienced website savvy person with an interest in data, and fine attention to detail to help launch a new CMS and to create tools and architecture on which we will build our strong future-proof applications.
Senior Frontend Engineer
- Experience with React JS, Redux and Jest.
- Experience with Node and Webpack
- Good knowledge of frontend architecture.
- Experience with Scrum or agile development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and self-manage.
- Experience in an SEO environment an advantage.
- Experience in writing technical documentation is also a plus.
- Higher degree in Software Engineering or similar.
- Experience as a senior frontend engineer.
- Proven experience in web programming & optimization.
- Excellent knowledge of web design, web development, SEO and backend integrations through REST APIs.
- Positive attitude, detail oriented with good organizational ability.
- Fluency in English and at least basic German.
We're building a new State of the Art CMS where you will be part of the team that builds the frontend. Your components will be used by hundreds of Journalists on a daily basis.
You make sure that the application we build is future proof, well built and tested. You make decisions about the structure of the setup, the build lifecycle, the dependencies and everything else involved in building a modern React based application.
You will work closely with the other frontend engineers and your team lead, the product owner and requirements engineers, and with the backend team that delivers the data and other functionality that the CMS uses. You will work with the other frontend team in the department that is responsible for web clients and make sure that technology aligns and could be reused in different products.
The successful applicant will feel confident in analysing various solutions, creating comprehensive technical appraisals and making recommendations. Please submit your resume along with answers to the following questions:
- What is your favourite code editor?
- What JS frameworks have you used professionally?
- What programming language have you always wanted to learn, but never had the time?
We look forward to your application