Who we are
In a life without sound, our work provides meaning. As a leading provider of innovative hearing care solutions, we are not just a company that makes products: we are a team on a mission to help people enjoy the delight of hearing. To enable a life without limitations, we - through our core business brands Phonak, Unitron, Hansaton, Advanced Bionics and AudioNova - develop, manufacture and distribute solutions that push the limits of technology and redefine the future of our industry.
Audio Development Engineer
We are looking for an audio development engineer who will contribute to the unique audio performance of our hearing solutions. In a multidisciplinary team of engineers, you support the collection of audio data, develop and conduct sound measurements and help to advance the audio settings of our hearing devices permanently.
- Development and verification of audio performance of hearing device products
- Analysis and optimization of audio DSP parametrization (e.g., for noise cancellation, classification)
- Development, setup and maintenance of hardware- and software-based audio development tools,
technical measurement tools for assessing audio settings, test and verification environments
- Recording, annotating and curating audio data as used for development purposes
(e.g., for signal processing, machine learning)
- Collaboration with cross-functional, software-focused engineering teams
- University degree in Audio Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with audio editing software, scientific audio analysis and measurement tools
- Solid knowledge in software development (scripting, procedural as well as object-oriented programming)
- Basic experience with video recording/editing or with live audio events (e.g., concerts,
TV productions) is a plus
- Reliable team player, willing to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Fluent in written and spoken English, fluency in German is a plus
We can offer you a new challenge, with interesting tasks and much more - including an open corporate culture, flat hierarchies, support for further training and development, opportunities to take on responsibility, an excellent range of foods, sports and cultural facilities, attractive employment conditions, and flexible working time models in various roles.
Gianni S. Raffi, Senior Talent Acquisition Manager, is looking forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, CV, references and certificates) via our online job application platform.
For this vacancy only direct applications will be considered.
+41 58 928 01 01
Sonova is an equal opportunity employer.
We team up. We grow talent. We collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds to win with the best team in the market place. We guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of a candidate's ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation or marital status, gender, genetic identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.