Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
In our division, we deliver highly scalable and performant software – with passion. We consist of hundreds of Software Engineers, Architects, Product Owners and speak fluent agile – amongst many other languages. Our vision is clear – we want to code software that provides simplicity for a new era. And we think that we are quite good, at what we do, working with brilliant people on future-ready solutions every day. Our flat hierarchies enable each and every one to have a voice and we are always looking for new ones, helping us to become even more innovative.
The Application Framework team is a dynamic team of Software Engineers and Business Analysts located in Switzerland and Germany. We follow an agile process, working closely with the Product Owner and related teams to develop product features and provide support to our extensive global customer base.
Our product “Business Data Events” creates the bridge between the Avaloq Core Platform and other platforms and microservices by reacting on events, collecting data and propagating it to Kafka where it is distributed to other consumers.
- Closely collaborate with the Product Owner, Business Analysts and other Software Engineers
- Drive and enhance the Business Data Events products (design time (e.g. compiler) and run time (containerized application) part)
- Understand the architectural big picture, support and consult our stakeholders from customers as well internal business teams.
- Take ownership and responsibility for your area of expertise
- Constant self-development
What you need:
- University degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years continuous relevant software development experience
- In-depth knowledge in software engineering
- Hands-on experience in building distributed applications, (preferably) using microservice architectures and various integration patterns (messaging, RESTful API)
- Experience with Java, Spring Boot
- Eager to learn and understand the business needs aiming to provide clean designs and high-quality code
- Strong conceptual and analytical mind with a structured and autonomous approach to work on complex technical and business problems
You will get extra points for the following:
- Knowledge in distributed systems and message brokers (i.e. Kafka)
- Experience with Git, Kubernetes, Docker
What you can expect:
It’s all about getting to know our teams and to e-meet with us. We will use video interviews to give you the opportunity to meet your future colleagues and get a first insight into Avaloq’s unique culture.
What we will offer you
We offer competitive base salaries and a benefits package with private health and dental care as well as a generous pension. If you go the extra mile, you might be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward.
Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
Don’t be shy – apply!
Please only apply online.