Sonar’s industry-leading solution enables developers and development teams to write clean code and remediate existing code organically, so they can focus on the work they love and maximize the value they generate for businesses. Its open source and commercial solutions – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support 29 programming languages. Trusted by more than 300,000 organizations globally, Sonar is considered integral to delivering better software.
Sonar provides a series of products to help engineers eliminate bugs and vulnerabilities and champion quality code in the software development process. Our products are already the standard products that extend Github, Bitbucket, and Azure DevOps. Our goal is to make these products the ultimate automatic code analysis solution and get it adopted by millions of users for millions of projects and billions of lines of code.
To achieve this, our IT Operations team has a mission to “Support and Scale our business by providing a stable, secure and frictionless technology environment.” We manage several systems that support the organization, enabling teams and individuals to deliver their best work.
The impact you can have
The IT Operations team is composed of passionate engineers who are fully engaged in delivering the best products that help teams deliver their best work. We are focused on reducing friction and getting the most value from solutions to enhance outcomes. We want to expand our IT operations to manage more systems in a predictable way that accounts for scalability, resilience, and performance. This includes ensuring that our internal applications are maintained and establishing new applications to help us in supporting the business’s growth.
Responsibilities for the Full-Stack Developer
You are comfortable with AWS Cloud and keen to expand your knowledge. You have deployed and supported multiple cloud-hosted business applications in the past and you are keen to also design greenfield applications that will help service the business; ranging from end user-facing applications or provide important connectors between third-party applications using API capabilities of those systems. Therefore you can confidently say that you have a multi-year experience in:
- Architecting brand-new software solutions to fulfill project requirements
- Create, design, and implement application logic using standard patterns
- Create, design, and implement secure AWS Cloud infrastructure to host applications
- Comfortable with working as a full-stack developer across front/back and infrastructure
- Maintain legacy code written by other developers, including bug fixes
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing in an automated way
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
- Excellent skills at reaching out to other Subject Matter Experts to get help or collaboration to solve problems.
Qualifications you have
- AWS CDK experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical field
- Familiarity with common programming design patterns and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
The soft skills you will demonstrate
- Problem-solving skills with an analytical mindset
- Interpersonal skills
- Highly autonomous and pragmatic
- Open-minded and very positive can-do attitude
- Prefer to work in a team, share information, and ideas and understand the power of collective thinking to get the best solutions
- Comfortable in dealing with change and complexity
- Self-confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as to receive and give feedback to improve the team and yourself
- Leadership: Taking the initiative and demonstrating your ability to lead a subject from beginning to end
- Valuing “done” over “perfect”
- Not afraid of rolling up my sleeves and helping make things happen
Words from the team
Our team is made of passionate teammates making sure that we can provide a seamless service to meet the company's needs. We use Cloud Service Providers to achieve our objectives and leverage SaaS best-of-breed solutions. We help the internal teams and users across our 5 campuses in Austin, Annecy, Bochum, Geneva, and Singapore and take pride in enabling teams to deliver their very best work at SonarSource. This role is an on-site role in either our Geneva or Bochum office.