Alpiq Holding Ltd. is a Swiss energy company operating throughout Europe. Its activities include the generation and supply of electricity, energy trading, energy management, energy services as well as energy technology. Alpiq Ltd. is a subsidiary of Alpiq Holding Ltd. with headquarters in Olten.
This newly created role is quite a unique opportunity to join Alpiq's Long Term Asset Trading desk. Its main purpose is to manage our long-term asset positions, developing, managing and implementing appropriate hedging strategies, as well as to interface with our colleagues from Business Development Switzerland and Merchant Trading for pricing and valuation purposes. The role reports directly to the Head Long Term Asset Trading and is based at our Lausanne offices in Switzerland.
- Trade and optimize Alpiq's diversified hydro and thermal asset portfolio on the forward markets
- Performance Monitoring, Steering: Follow, maintain and own performance reports; PnL, risk, positions and KPI steering.
- Trading Strategy Development: Participate, develop and backtest strategies for increased monetization of the physical assets in Switzerland and neighboring countries.
- Value Adding Initiatives: to identify, develop and drive solutions towards untapped opportunities with the objective to improve operational and commercial performances,
- Proactive collaboration with internal stakeholders and counterparts (Asset Manager, Risk, IT, Analysts, other trading desks)
- University degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Comprehensive understanding of asset backet trading process, value chain, risk metrics
- Solid understanding of market fundamentals and price formations in European energy.
- Comprehensive understanding of options and its application within the energy trading landscape.
- Analytical skills, knowledge in modelling and valuation of flexible assets and options
- Programming skills in phyton, mathlab, Excel
- Knowledge of ETRM systems and familiarity of optimization applications landscape
- Fluent in English, additional languages French, Italian, German a plus