Senior Software Development Engineer
Start: upon agreement
The Senior Software Development Engineer (all genders) is working on conceptual and functional software development of challenging software projects throughout the whole lifecycle. Refining backlog items, coding, testing, documenting, and collaborating with operations are integral parts of the development process. He has deep knowledge about the environment in which the software is embedded. Guiding less experienced engineers and sharing knowledge goes without saying. The engineer questions implemented solutions critically and brings in new ideas. Additionally, the engineer identifies and defines continuous improvements in the development process as well as in the software architecture.
Bühler is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company, therefore, it's important that you match us and we match you. Regardless of your gender (all genders).
- Analyze software requirements and change-requests regarding feasibility, complexity, impact on existing systems, standards and guidelines
- Develop, deliver and maintain complex software components in the area of industrial automation with a focus on standard solutions for use in different business units worldwide
- Be an active part of a fast-paced, dynamic and multinational development team
- Implement high quality solutions following an agile development process
- Drive continuous improvement and extension of the product
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering (University of Applied Science or higher technical education)
- Advanced Experience/ know-how: .NET, C#, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Advanced knowledge of service-oriented architectures and micro-services
- Experience with OOA/OOD, design patterns and agile methods
- Security experience (OWASP, ISO 27001, IEC 62443)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complex situations
- Advanced English skills
- Highly innovative and cross-cultural work environment
- Career development opportunities and training
- Working from home possible (to an extent)
- Health-care program
- Free parking
- Company canteen and catering facilities
- Good connections with public transport
- Employee benefits and discounts
- Cover letter, Resume, Transcripts, Letters of recommendation, Certifications
Who we are
Bühler as an employer
We are working to create sustainable innovations for a better world. Our aim is to transform the world's most pressing food and mobility challenges into sustainable technologies, process solutions and business models. At Bühler, you are empowered to show initiative and take responsibility. In our family-owned company, personal success goes hand in hand with shared success. We foster a diverse and inclusive workplace where integrity and courage are key drivers of our success. We support your personal development because we want you to make a difference. By joining Bühler, you will be helping us tackle global challenges while at the same time meeting the needs of our customers.
Bühler is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company, therefore, it's important that you match us and we match you. Regardless of your gender (m/f/d).
Questions? We're happy to help!