Manager, Real World Evidence (RWE) Statistics - (1800006D)
Actelion Pharmaceuticals, a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for Manager, Market
Access & Real World Evidence Statistics in Allschwil . Other locations may be considered.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without
disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us.
We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of
everyone in it.
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the
spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
- Provide statistical/pharmaco-epidemiology expertise at all stages of the design and implementation of observational
outcomes projects from planning and design through to completion, in close collaboration with multi-disciplinary
- provide input into the concept, design and development of observational study protocols to ensure appropriate and
scientifically sound methods on study design and analysis are being used;
- develop statistical analysis plans, perform and/or guide analyses;
- perform analyses aimed at integrating multiple sources of evidence to inform study design;
- provide statistical insight in the interpretation and discussion of study results;
- contribute to study reports and publications.
- Conduct descriptive and comparative effectiveness research using a variety of sources of large amounts of
patient-level data from prospective and retrospective observational studies, registries, claims- and EMR- databases,
and exploratory analysis of clinical trial-data; perform (network) meta-analyses of clinical trial results across
different therapeutic areas.
- Apply advanced data analytic expertise based on a foundation of statistical principles and applied experience. Use
of relevant computational tools for study, experiment, or trial research objectives. Apply high quality statistical
methodology in assigned projects with demonstrated understanding of the disease/scientific/functional area.
- Ensure application of appropriate statistical methods and generation of accurate and reproducible results working
independently or by providing specifications to statistical programming colleagues.
- Provide thought leadership in statistics and pharmaco-epidemiology, ensuring scientific validity and overall quality
and accuracy of results.
- Optimize methodological expertise: maintain professional statistical standards by keeping track of new developments
in statistical methodology and outcomes research, through literature review and attendance/participation at workshops
and professional meetings.
- Communicate analysis results through internal/external presentations and publications.
- Masters or PHD degree in statistics, epidemiology, health economics or related field with strong methodological and
- Being able to translate business questions into study design, analysis and relevant results.
- Strong study design and statistical analysis skills: demonstrated knowledge of biostatistics and epidemiology
principles (observational study design and analysis); advanced technical expertise to design and perform outcome
research projects; excellent knowledge in applied statistics and data analysis methodology.
- Experience in performing real world outcomes research/comparative effectiveness based on registries, or
administrative/EMR databases in a pharmaceutical environment is a plus.
- Solid hands-on experience with statistical programming languages, e.g. SAS and R.
- Ability to communicate advanced statistical concepts and results in non-technical terms to a non-statistical
audience; ability to formulate complex ad-hoc analysis plans.
- Analytical creative mind, passionate about translating data into business critical information; intellectual
curiosity, eager for continuous learning.
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate in a multidisciplinary regional team and to manage multiple
projects under tight deadlines.
- Good written/oral communication skills, fluent in English.
If you are interested in making an impact by working in a culture of innovation, trust and teamwork, we welcome your
: Market Access
: May 17, 2018