Hamilton stands for Life Science and Medical Technology. In the meantime, a visionary idea for medicine and research has developed into a dynamic, globally active employer. That's where you enter our playground. Are you looking for an innovative environment and want to shape the future of the company with more than 3'00 colleagues worldwide?
Research, venture into unknown fields, open up new markets: Passionate employees don't let anything hold them back and achieve great results in a team. Therefore, we bring top-quality technological products to the market for the benefit of health and well-being every day. In addition, it is through our corporate culture that we achieve ambitious goals for the future. Are you ready to manifest your dreams and to celebrate the success achieved by the team? Then step forward! We would like to meet you!
Within the Robotics Business Unit, Hamilton develops and produces pipetting robots for the automation of liquid handling processes; from standard solutions to highly complex systems that are precisely tailored to the needs of our customers. Our customers come from a wide range of research and development backgrounds. This ranges from the pharmaceutical and food industries, all the way to cell and DNA research.
Within Robotics, there exists a diverse range of career opportunities: from mechanical engineering to software development, and from application specialization to product management or market segment management. Whether it's in the technical, scientific, or financial field, we offer limitless opportunities for professional development.
Learn more about our liquid handling systems here: https://www.hamiltoncompany.com/automated-liquid-handling
- Responsible for the company's market and product development roadmap in the market segment Proteomics & Analytics (P&A) which will focus on protein science and chemical analysis technologies
- Provide a vision of the current and future trends in these markets and become the SME (subject matter expert) at Hamilton for P&A from an application and market perspective
- Collaborate closely with the teams of application and product managers to translate the strategy in product and application development activities
- Present to the top management business development proposals such as M&A, new product lines and joint partnerships
- Initiate strategic partnerships with reagent kit suppliers and technology providers in order to develop strategic agreements for product developments
- Coordinate activities on strategic level with Hamilton sales organizations in EMEA and China to drive local market development activities by means of customer visits, key account workshops, webinars and customer roundtables
- Collaborate with the US headquarters on co-developments
- Contribute to content marketing, SEO and application marketing initiatives
Location and Travel
- This position is based at the company's headquarter in Bonaduz (Switzerland). However, the role holder may work from a remote home location, with regular presence in Bonaduz offices (one week per month)
- Up to 40% independent travel to meet Hamilton subsidiaries and customers, key accounts and collaboration partners across Europe, and to attend conferences and seminars
Your experience and skills
- At least 5 years' experience in a marketing or business development position in the same area
- PhD in biology, chemistry, or life sciences; deep understanding of protein, metabolite, and large molecule analysis workflows, in particular sample preparation steps
- Knowledge in molecular diagnostics, genomics and cell biology is a plus
- Knowledge in regulated markets such as IVD-R, GxP segments is a plus
- Proactive personality that takes the initiative to get in contact with stakeholders and influencers such as industry key opinion leaders
- Strong leadership skills that help her/him to lead and guide colleagues within the matrix organization without direct authority
- Excellent presentation skills and a strong teamwork approach complete the profile of the ideal candidate
- Language: English fluently and German very good
This is what you can expect from Hamilton
- Diverse tasks with creative freedom in the exciting environment of laboratory automation within life sciences
- Great social benefits, a modern workplace, and flexible working hours are all a matter of course as a modern and rapidly growing company
- We are a team of motivated individuals with a shared passion for new technology and their products.
If you are motivated by this challenge and want to explore new business and career opportunties, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Please be informed: We exclusively collaborate with a professional head hunter for the recruiting of this position. Hence, by uploading your application online, you automatically give us your permission to forward and share your application documents with De Bord International.
Alternatively, you can send your application documents directly by e-mail , for the attention of Ms Andrea Nienaber, Managing Partner DE BORD INTERNATIONAL.
Discretion is a matter of course.