For our customer, a multinational industry group active in the fields of high-tech / IT and headquartered in the Lucerne area, we are seeking immediately or by arrangement the Group CFO.
The company is seeking a business savvy hands on CFO with solid finance, strategy and hands on experience in corporate, professional services with a start up mentality. This executive leader will have successful experience with corporate development, M&A, corporate financing, strategic planning, revenue planning, FP&A, P&L responsibility, and budgeting oversight. The candidate should have well established experience and sophistication in dealing with investor communications, private equity and investor communities.
Reporting to the CEO and Chairman, this position will take full responsibility for all finance and accounting matters concerning the current and future state of the group’s business in Switzerland and overseas, including in the United States. Working in strategic partnership with the CEO and business leaders in the organization, the Group CFO will play an instrumental role ensuring the growth and financial well – being of the company. As the CFO your role will include the planned taking of the organization to a successful IPO. You will also manage multiple M&A processes, from target identification to successful closure. You will handle all aspects of corporate finance including fund raising (both debt and equity) and financial planning and analysis.
Key to your success will be your ability to provide pragmatic and commercially relevant advice, guidance and solutions at all levels of the organization. Additionally, you will play a key leadership role across the group, actively bringing to life the group's vision, values and strategy, and driving the ongoing growth and transformation agenda. The draft job description reads as follows:
- Managing all finance functions in Switzerland and International Markets.
- Advising the Chairman on business related matters: strategy, marketing entry, global economic conditions.
- Introducing and managing banking relationships and investment opportunities to the Chairman.
- Spearhead all corporate finance activity (Private Equity, Venture Capital, Bank Funding)
- Strategize and coordinate the development of the Business Plans of (long term and short term).
- Establish financial strategy and ensure availability of corporate funds at competitive rates.
- Manage funds through effective treasury management for optimizing returns.
- Drive effective relationship management with investors and lenders to ensure cost effective and preferential services.
- Support and facilitate all IPO related activities.
- Formulate and review accounting policies & procedures on a continuous basis.
- Develop a framework for budgeting, project accounting and establish financial reporting & Management Information Systems for review and monitoring of financial performance.
- Liaise with external parties, including financial institutions, auditors, tax authorities.
- Review all accounting and controls to ensure their accuracy and integrity.
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting to support business decisions.
- Work in partnership with commercial and operations teams on short- and long-term budgeting and planning.
- Support and mentor your accounting team; make strategic hires when required.
- Finalize annual business plans in coordination with all functions and present the same to the Chairman.
- Monitor cash flows and take necessary steps to ensure continuous availability of funds and effective management of surplus funds.
- Review and monitor financial performance of the Company against the budget through timely reporting and appropriate financial analysis.
- Ensure finalization and audit of accounts; report on the same to the Board of Directors.
- Monitor tax planning and compliance.
- Support negotiations and structuring of new business initiatives, M&As etc.
- Coordinate with all functional heads for the speedy resolution of all financial issues.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- MBA from top 10 business school preferred.
- Accounting qualification from an internationally recognized body preferred
- Background in Big 4 Public Accounting mandadory.
- 6 years minimum experience in financial management, including senior leadership experience as CFO, ideally in publicly traded corporation, and/or financial services industry company (preferably regulated).
- 14+ years total of progressive experience in financial management, accounting or finance experience gained with a financial institute, Family Office, private investor, financial advisory firm, or investment bank. At least 5 years of this experience must have been gained in Switzerland.
- Experience in the field of establishing, financing and operating start-up companies, e.g., in the context of a private equity firm, would be a strong asset.
- Experience and comfort working with founder – led organization highly desirable.
- Broad international leadership experience across Europe and the United States, ideally in a regional or global position is highly preferred.
- Experience in Capital Markets and/or Securities Finance.
- Proven track-record managing corporate and investment banking relationship; capital raising (Pre-IPO and IPO) and /or Private Equity experience is a must.
- M&A experience is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of regulatory requirements for financial services industry.
- Excellent knowledge of compliance processes and procedures.
- Proven track record in various financial areas such as general accounting, cost accounting, financial planning, policy development and financial information systems.
- Experience with global consolidations and operations; exposure to multi-national corporation finance and tax issues.
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SOX compliance and SEC reporting.
- “Hands On” ERP Systems Experience.
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
Skills / Aibility:
- Fluency in English; any additional European language(s) would be a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Experience in managing a hard workload with conflicting priorities.
- Efficient and pragmatic working style, proactive, goal-oriented and solution-driven (can do attitude), entrepreneurial approach.
- Ability to work in an international setting; strong awareness of cultural differences
- Down-to-earth character, self-driven, self-motivated, persistent and pragmatic; assertive with a diplomatic flair.
- Ethical foundation; ability to apply high ethical standards and protect the higher interests of the organization.
- Ability to travel (up to 20%).
- Ambitious for success.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mr. Oliver Koch (044 364 38 00). We are looking foward to receiving your application.
We will only consider applications that fully meet our requirements.