Sonar’s industry-leading solution enables developers and development teams to write clean code and remediate existing code organically, so they can focus on the work they love and maximize the value they generate for businesses. Its open-source and commercial solutions – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support 29 programming languages. Trusted by more than 300,000 organizations globally, Sonar is considered integral to delivering better software.
The impact you can have
As a member of one of our engineering teams, you'll be a key player in making SonarQube/SonarCloud the best tools for Code Quality and Security, providing new features that help our users write better software and delivering a high quality, amazingly powerful and popular open-source product.
You will have the opportunity to see your features come to life in Production, with short iteration loops. Having the roadmap and business priorities in mind, you will be able to choose what you focus on.
By joining us, you will bring your experience and expertise to bring our product to its next stage of evolution to delight our users and customers.
On a daily basis, you will
- Work with Product Managers and UX designers to specify new features and improve the product
- Develop those new features with the end user in mind, and write unit tests and integration tests for them
- Push and monitor your new features into production
- Help to solve production problems related to features you worked on
- Interact with our community on our product forum to support them and integrate their feedback
- Work with agile methodologies
- Contribute to the definition of the team’s short and long term goals
- Do sprints with an integrated (Dev and Ops) team
The skills you will demonstrate
Required Technical Skills:
- +4 years of experience as a Backend Developer with Java
- Developing in Java with clean and maintainable code, having design patterns and architecture in mind
- Good Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience with relational RDBMS (such as MySQL, SQL Server, Postgres)
- Code Quality practices (experience in using testing frameworks), constructive code reviews
- Tooling: Knowledge of build tools (Maven or Gradle); Experience with any version control system (we use git, and you can learn it when you join !)
- A first experience on AWS, ideally developing a cloud-native application (nice to have)
- Knowledge of Python and Bash scripting (nice to have)
- Knowledge of a mainstream RDBMS Oracle, SQL Server, and/or Postgres (nice to have)
- Experience with API design and third-party integrations (nice to have)
Required Soft Skills:
- Taking initiative and having the ability to lead a subject from beginning to end
- Open-minded and very positive can-do attitude
- Comfortable in dealing with change and complexity
- Self-confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as to give & receive feedback, following radical candor guidelines
Words from the team
We come from different backgrounds and countries. We have diverse skills and personalities. By joining us, you will be part of an autonomous team that has a direct impact on the product, that owns and defines its best way of building cool things and having fun together, and that is always evolving.
Come meet us!
Why you will love it here
- Safe work culture - we value respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
- Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
- Great people - we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate leaders in our domains. Our 300+ SonarSourcers from 33 different nationalities can relate!
- Work-life balance - keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why we have a hybrid work policy and some people prefer working some days from home.
- Always keep learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.
What we do
Sonar was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 350,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
If this sounds like you, apply now!